1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr Steele
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am looking for the following
ReVerie Exige Adjustable Tailgate Mounted Wing / Canards

Condition doesn't really matter as I will be painting it.

Located in GA,
- Steele

DSC_1190.jpg

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,620 Posts
Unless you just like the looks, I'd advise against it. The problem with the stock Exige hatch mounted wings is they flex like wet noodles. The supports are too close to provide any real stability, and the hatch isn't rigid, so you have a very flexible base (hatch) and flimsy supports (wing supports).

The later 2010+ wing is better, but only if you opt for the carbon fiber center piece, and optimally the carbon fiber supports. The stock fiberglass wing can be seen to flex in the middle at least 2 inches up and down in the center of the blade.

HKFEVER's dry carbon 2010+ wing and supports are excellent. No discernable flex. @HKFEVER

San

·
Mr Steele
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you just like the looks, I'd advise against it. The problem with the stock Exige hatch mounted wings is they flex like wet noodles. The supports are too close to provide any real stability, and the hatch isn't rigid, so you have a very flexible base (hatch) and flimsy supports (wing supports).

The later 2010+ wing is better, but only if you opt for the carbon fiber center piece, and optimally the carbon fiber supports. The stock fiberglass wing can be seen to flex in the middle at least 2 inches up and down in the center of the blade.

HKFEVER's dry carbon 2010+ wing and supports are excellent. No discernable flex. @HKFEVER

San
I really appreciate the insight. to be fair I was not looking to drill into the clam but. I think it would like you said be a better option in the long run for usable aero.

just sounds a little scary cutting into the clam. and then there is the fact that the hatch will have the cut outs for the stock wing :(.
I do really like this setup though

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Steele Davis pretty sure my car ended up with the GRP wing installed when I bought it and there is no flex on the track at all. It is the 2010 style with carbon fiber supports (not dry). You can see where the old wing rubbed on the rear engine cover, I sourced some touch up paint to try to fix it but its not the right color. I'll be bringing the car to C&O next weekend if you wanna check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts