The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be autocrossing an 05 Elise in SCCA AStreet and to run the larger front wheel (LSS option) on a "non" LSS car I need to have an RF oil cooler. Anyone removed theirs to bypass, etc.?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will need the oil sandwich plate and all of the oil lines too, right?
My understanding is they all came with a LF oil cooler, the touring cars just had a bypass where the RF oil cooler would be so all the oil cooler lines are already there.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
If you're willing to wait a couple months you can have mine. I'll be pulling the front clam this winter and am planning on removing the coolers at that time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My understanding is they all came with a LF oil cooler, the touring cars just had a bypass where the RF oil cooler would be so all the oil cooler lines are already there.
Have you confirmed that your does not have the RF cooler? I have an early build 05' non-LSS car and it has both.
Also, I'm not actually sure if you need to add the other oil cooler since these came from the factory with both oil coolers on non-LSS cars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you confirmed that your does not have the RF cooler? I have an early build 05' non-LSS car and it has both.
Also, I'm not actually sure if you need to add the other oil cooler since these came from the factory with both oil coolers on non-LSS cars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Confirmed no oil cooler. In order for me to run the wider front wheels I must have ALL of the bits for the LSS option..... or use the narrower front wheels and softer springs... racing rules and all that.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts