The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know where to procure the rubber connector that connects the key to the keyfob? Mine has degraded and broken in two spots, while superglue seems to hold it together, it's a little on the tacky side :) I don't need an entire fob, unless its broken and cheap, just the rubber thing.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
3. Get a better solution that looks less tacky. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 5 cent solution

Lotus Garage doen't sell just the rubber thingy. It'll cost you $170 for the housing + rubber thingy! I know. Mine broke and asked them about a replacement.

I have a simple (5 cent) solution: Use a small fishing swivel. If you get a small enough size, the loop end will fit perfectly in the fob. Takes five minutes to do.You can leave the clip on the other end or take it off as I did. Ther come in black and shiny silver.

Simple, simple, simple.

Sorry for the large size photos. I haven't figured out how to reduce them for LT.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I took a small length of camp store cord, made a loop and melted the ends together. Then wrapped the loop in fishing line, and heat shrinked the whole thing. I had most o the parts on hand, so it was basically free. Will post a picture when I get to my computer if you want.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
194 Posts
I ordered a new case from the UK. Just do an ebay search for cobra fob case and a few shops will pop up. It cost something like $15 total, but most of that was shipping. It came with a new battery too...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered a new case from the UK. Just do an ebay search for cobra fob case and a few shops will pop up. It cost something like $15 total, but most of that was shipping. It came with a new battery too...
That's what I ended up doing.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I just soldered a short length of wire in a loop. Looks OEM and you can choose your fav color

The OEM one will break again eventually

1 - 12 of 12 Posts