The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ARGH! Nothing to do with you I guess but I wanted to vent...

I bought a "race" battery from Sector 111 and I wanted JUST that bracket. I had to buy the bracket plus shut off switch because they didn't sell just the bracket and weren't willing to do a "custom" order and separate the two. It didn't make sense to me, but I was prepping for a big race and I needed the battery soon. I just said the hell with it and forked over the $$.

After paying $125 for what amounts to an $80 ATV battery, this deal about the bracket and taking months to get a large order to me, I think I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right. Their race battery is nothing but a Deka ETX20L that you can get for $80 shipped here: Tri-State Battery Warehouse : ETX20L DEKA PowerSport Battery [ETX20L] - $79.95

The bracket part is bull**** though. They used to sell just the bracket for $30 which was reasonable since I am sure was not made in large amounts, but now with the worthless (to me) switch and $90 no thanks. If I can't find the bracket I will just go to a local store and pick up a piece of sheet metal and make my own for $7-12 in material cost and 30 minutes of my time.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The Sector 111 bracket would really need to be sized another guage or 2 in thickness. As is, it flexes a bunch and doesn't hold the battery down very well. I had to use 1/2" thick foam weatherstripping around the battery to sort of "preload" the hold down, otherwise the battery was sliding around.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know. How thick is the bracket? I think I just might be best off making my own and not have to worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts