The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy a set of rims for autocross/track use. :shift: Ideally I'd like to get a set of the Lotus Sport (LSS) wheels, doesn't matter if they have curb rash or not. Other rims ('05 Elise compatible) ok too. Located in Monterey, can pick up anywhere in the Bay area. PM me with brief description, please.

Bought wheels from Blackwatch; thanks for all the help, everyone.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
You could go the Rota route, but I like your idea of beat-up LSS wheels better. In fact, I need a set myself, so we'll see what comes out of the woodwork.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Black Watch Racing wheels

I recently weighed my stock Exige S wheels and the wheels that I will be using for autox this year-the TR F1's that BWR sells. The F1's are 4 lbs lighter each for the rears and 2.5 lbs lighter each for the fronts over the stock Exige S wheels. That is alot of rotating weight reduction which should give me better acceleration out of corners and improve overall handling. It also eliminated 13 lbs off the total weight of the car. I have had my F1's for a year and really like them.rotfl

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess a brief explanation couldn't hurt. Since 2007 I had been autocrossing with a 1973 Porsche 914-6 conversion that was a blast to drive, and prepared me well for the Lotus, being mid-engine rwd. It was 1850 pounds, had a 2.7 litre motor that ran best on 110 octane, and was somewhere between 200-240 hp. Before that car I had never autocrossed, only track (Laguna Seca) and drag racing (Montgomery Alabama, don't remember the name of the track there). But autocrossing has proved to be quite addictive, and the first day after I bought it, I drove the Lotus in an autocross. With the Porsche I had a dedicated set of slicks for racing and another set for day to day driving. It seems much more logical (that sounds silly, who am I, Spock?!?) to have two sets of tires than to try to buy one set for both purposes. But like many of you (I suppose), I bought this car on the cheap and don't have a lot of disposable cash. Any suggestions as to the most inexpensive route to take and still be able to fulfill my autocross/track day fix would be greatly appreciated!:bow:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Off topic a little bit, but in case you were not aware. The Golden Gate Lotus Club holds their autocross series in Marina, CA. You should join them. They are very organized and have a fantastic series going on. Racing against a bunch of other Lotus owners=great fun.

·
Registered
389 Posts
pm sent

·
Vendor
3,336 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts