The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I am looking to buy a soft top. I actually prefer the non-touring one since I do not have the touring wheels.

I don't need the shticks since I have an Exige and doubt I will be putting holes in the car for them.

Stephen

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ive been thinking of getting rid of mine I never use it. What exactly is the "touring" one?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been thinking of getting rid of mine I never use it. What exactly is the "touring" one?

It is the one with the liner on the inside for more insulation from noise and a little better looking from the inside. I don't need that since I will only be using it in case of emergency on my Exige S when the roof is off. It will never be on the car except for being parked at work for 9 hours when the hard top is off (for security), or if there is rain and I need a quick temporary cover.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
As the title says, I am looking to buy a soft top. I actually prefer the non-touring one since I do not have the touring wheels.

I don't need the shticks since I have an Exige and doubt I will be putting holes in the car for them.

Stephen
So when you have the soft top on, how are you going to support it? Just going to let it sag and droop?

Your Exige comes from the factory with two of the four holes already in place (the two in the windshield surround).

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I have a message from Tim:

:thwack:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have a message from Tim:

:thwack:
I was waiting for someone to notice! That felt good, it's been a long time. But I have to say, Tim still does it better! -eek- :D ;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So when you have the soft top on, how are you going to support it? Just going to let it sag and droop?

Your Exige comes from the factory with two of the four holes already in place (the two in the windshield surround).
Good question. I did the same on my 2007 and here is what happens. When you are at a standstill it will sag and droop, but as soon as you hit about 25 mph the aero of the car sucks the soft top up and away. And this was with my touring top; I will bet with the non-touring top it is lighter and will lift even quicker. Besides, it is only for emergencies when driving. If a sudden rain storm comes along I would use it, and of course when parked for a long period of time to keep prying eyes out of the cabin and keep honest people honest!

I know that there are two holes in the front, but I do not want to put in the other two. I asked my dealer once with my 2007 and they didn't like the idea so I do not want to permanantly do this. Besides, I still like the hardtop and will be using it for about half of the year anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts