The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a splitter for an elise. I'm looking for something someone is giving away. Cracked, broke in pieces (big pieces not little pieces:)) I just need the basic shape and mounting points to construct a custom mold. I would pay the shipping. Thanks for reading, Chuck

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why not offer a replacement splitter from the new mold. You will probably get plenty of offers.

Sorry I don't have one but would purchase a well priced knock off.

Cheers.......Phil

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it comes out the way I want that will be the plan. I like the look of the splitters out there but I want a more molded in/on refined look. I've built quite a few fiberglass boat parts in the past so it should work out fine.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Next time I crack mine I'll let you know...how long would the turn around be?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to say, this is all in the VERY early development stage. So far all I have is some drawings and a few small foam mock ups. I need a full splitter to cut up and remold to get much further without alot of xtra foam or clay work.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I broke mine this weekend...

It is very very repairable, thus when I get a new one you can use this one (just return it).

Let me know if that works for you.
Rick

·
Registered
252 Posts

It is very very repairable, thus when I get a new one you can use this one (just return it).

Rick

I believe he needed an elise one as he want the shape and mounting points....for the elise.

Addictedto - I am looking for a lip for my elise, the Forcedfed and GUT just doesnt do it for me... hopefully you can develop something nicer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Rick
I really need one from the Elise, but as this progresses I may be able to adapt the one I design to the Exige. There is a good chance I'll do damage to the initial donor. I will keep you posted. BTW it looks like your into boats. I have and race an 18' Sleekcraft jet boat with a 1000HP NA injected Rodeck. I'll post a pic soon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MC21
The ones that are out there don't do it for me either. I'm trying to come up with something a little more..........."refined" might be a good description. The ones I've seen over the last couple of years just don't look as molded to the car as I think I can get and want. And of course functionality comes into play.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No one has or wants to part with a broken Elise splitter ? :shrug:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bumping this up. Anyone got a broken splitter for me? Did the pic of my boat scare everyone away? Some ones gotta have a broken splitter sitting in the corner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Glad I could bring a smile to you,rotfl maybe I'll keep posting pics of it till someone gives me a splitter to stop.:nanner2:

---------------------------------------------
'05 Elise, st titanium, Gullwing top,
'76 Sleekcraft jet drag boat, 1000hp NA alc inj Rodeck,
'05 Hayabusa, cust titanium&carb fiber exhaust
'82 collectors edition Corvette
'81 Camaro 800hp BB chevy w/14:71 blower
'67 & '72 Harley choppers
'00 & '01 Yamaha Banshee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts