The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Just picked up the Cup Airbox from LBH--- as always thanks for the numerous tips Alan. Time for the last pesky CAI lean code.

However, I just tried calling my contact at Hunting Motors in Conn. and it seems they are out of business or something! So there goes my lead for a used stock airbox.

OK, does anyone have a stock box for sale... just missed one in San Diego for sale. Or I guess I can open myself up for some verbal abuse, is there an interchange via Toyota?

Thanks,
-m

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,395 Posts
I am a little confused, you bought the Cup airbox but now you want a stock one?

I have ordered a cup airbox so I guess I might sell my stock one once I get it... if that is what you are asking?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to clarify

Let me clarify a little, I bought the TRD interchange to retrofit the stock Elise airbox into the cup version. You have purchased the entire Cup airbox most likely-- which is essentially stock from the throttle body to the back half of the unit.

The front half of the unit has a larger conversion plate and larger filter element. I do not know the cost of the entire cup airbox but I suspect it is pricey. The conversion that I bought is around 220 usd--- but you need the stock donor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know when your new one comes in if you are still interested in selling the stocker....it would be well appreciated.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Hey, I'll check my Garage, but Allen might have mine over at BH. If so, you're welcome to it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tons, if possible let me know to bug Allen or if you have one available. I suspect you are on the westside.

-m

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a stock airbox in Downtown if you're still in need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
victory is mine

Sounds great!

I will send you my info private like...to discuss the odds and ends.

thanks tons,
-m

1 - 8 of 8 Posts