The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Stock Muffler since i just recently received an exhaust ticket and need to get it fixed. So ill be happy to take that 25lb Muffler from your garage. Pm Me if u have one

·
Registered
26 Posts
Replied to your PM.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Need Stock Muffler since i just recently received an exhaust ticket and need to fixed. So ill be happy to take that 25lb Muffler from your garage. Pm Me if u have one
What exhaust did you have and how did they know it wasn't stock? I can't imagine cops would know what stock is as these cars are not that common on the road.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
im running a larini decat and agray single tip so ya its pretty loud so he just used that as his excuse to pull me over...i told him it was the stock exhaust on the car but he didnt buy it because he replied and i quote " That sound dosent sound stock"....so he wrote the ticket anyways

·
Registered
90 Posts
How did you get your ticket and where? You werent in Pasadena by any chance were you?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I got one in Chicago area. I can ship too. Only 200 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
So what would happen if you put the stock one on, go get the dbs measured, and then complain that it was the exhaust you had on all along?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Don't know how you can prove you had the stock one on when ticketed. Still his word over yours.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Don't know how you can prove you had the stock one on when ticketed. Still his word over yours.
But at the same time, you told the cop it was stock, and he didn't believe you. How does he know that it IS NOT stock. It's not like a Honda Civic where you can totally tell if you had a fart can on or not.

The stock Lotus exhaust is already near the db limit any ways. The cops have no measurement device. They use their "judgement" to determine if it is loud.

I used to have a Honda Civic that measured 94.5 db. Always got a fix it ticket, and always went to the ref and passed. To me, I was annoyed that of the $15 - $30 to pay to process it, even though I had a legal setup.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i was in riverside about like 2 miles from my house...and he said he pulled me over because it seemed too loud which its pretty easy to notice when u have a argray and a decat its like pretty loud. and he just said to go to the department of something with my front plate and just try and clear it up with them since its still going to be only like 10$ for both citations.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what would happen if you put the stock one on, go get the dbs measured, and then complain that it was the exhaust you had on all along?
Ya that sounds about right haha. It worked on my 240 like a year ago which happened to have a RB :D and they just listened to it and saw my front plate and were like okay and signed the papers and took my 10$ end of that story.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wait...so some/many/all of the aftermarket exhausts are ripe for a ticket?

Nothing ever happens where i live so the cops have nothing to do but pull people over for no real reason.

Are we saying that a Stage II (et.al.) are genuine reasons for a ticket?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey lxmobxl (Miguel), I waited for you for an hour and a half today to give you my exhaust but you never called or emailed me to tell me you weren't going to show up...what gives?

If you couldn't make it, the least you could have done was let me know instead of blowing my afternoon.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ouch! That sucks. I offered mine to lxmobxl too but he said he found someone closer to Riverside and I'm only 35 minutes away.

:shrug:

Hey lxmobxl (Miguel), I waited for you for an hour and a half today to give you my exhaust but you never called or emailed me to tell me you weren't going to show up...what gives?

If you couldn't make it, the least you could have done was let me know instead of blowing my afternoon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts