The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO LONGER NEED-tall driver seat rails

no longer need....another LT member is selling me their set.
thanks! :)

want to buy "tall driver" (I'm 6' 6") seat rails. Anyone have a set?
thanks
TED

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Dang Ted, you are one freakishly tall dude;)

When you do find a set of Tallrails, you should be aware that they give you a very "gonads forward" seating position. I had to modify mine this way:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/tallrails-modification-perfect-fit-122559/

I was drooling over an original Mini the other day. Would love to have one, but guys like us would probably get mandatory therapy if we had a Lotus and an old Mini. Oh, I want a Caterham too....:facepalm

Good luck with your car....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tall driver seat rail mod

thanks for the ideas. I follow you on the top picture with additional hole set back for adjustment, but i'm a bit confused on the bottom picture with the long cut. Not sure what that does or how it fits. I haven't pulled my seats out yet so maybe i'll better understand when i actually see the rails in place.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
You will understand when you see them. Basically, the rails are designed to go right against the floor pan. I wanted less tilt back on the seat than they allow. The part you cut off is the angle you gain. It it is not cut off, those pieces would punch through the floor of the car. You end up with the bottom of the seat right against the floor.... you sit higher in some go karts.... Mini Coopers look like buses going by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts