The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I am new here. I am not a celica owner or a lotus owner. I have a little project i am working on and am need of couple things. I know the C60 trannys are expensive but it is worth a shot to see wha i can get. I am looking for a c60 transmission (fwd style) i dont have a clue but can you make the current Elise tranny a fwd setup?
Also i am looking for the plastic piece that goes on top of the valve cover that says Lotus Performance.

one more thing haha.
Engine harness work for any 2zz? or the Elise is different compared to all other 2zz motor vehicles.

I currently have a bare block 2zz that came out of a celica and am going to make the vehicle project i am building into FWD..

I appreciate all the help in the world !!
thanks!
kel

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
For the plastic coil cover with the Lotus Performance and Lotus logo on it, go to your nearest Lotus dealer or get one from Elise Parts online. They aren't that expensive new.

For a transmission, here is one on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-lotus-elise-transmission-very-low-miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQihZ006QQitemZ160210327927QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW or you can try this site: http://www.car-part.com/ and type in the search for a 2005-08 Lotus transmission. Best bet would be to purchase a Celica GTS 6-speed (only difference is the ratio of the 6th gear) from a local auto junkyard or again you can search Car-Part above for a 2000-05 Celica GTS transmission.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
can you make the current Elise tranny a fwd setup?
The transaxle is straight out of a Celica - it's just mount in the back on the Elise.

But you would be better off looking for a Celica transaxle instead of the Elise version. The only difference is that the Elise has a slightly lower 6th gear ratio - it's from the European version of the Celica instead of the US version.

Sourcing a "Toyota" transaxle will be cheaper than sourcing a "Lotus" version even if they are the same thing.

Engine harness work for any 2zz? or the Elise is different compared to all other 2zz motor vehicles.
The engine is pure Toyota, but the ECU is unique. The engine harness from the Elise would be made to hook into the Lotus ECU. You would be better off going with a Toyota ECU/harness out of a Toyota - even if you are planning an aftermarket ECU since they are more common for the Toyota (don't really exist for the Lotus). It would also be cheaper to go the Toyota route.

I currently have a bare block 2zz that came out of a celica and am going to make the vehicle project i am building into FWD..
Again, the Elise's engine and transaxle are straight out of a Front Wheel Drive Toyota. The only difference are the ECU/electronics that things plug into.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for th info!! ill keep my eyes o peeled!!
too bad i couldnt use the cluster out of a ELISE... way more than a celica haha. 50 bux for a used celica gts cluster. hmm

Kel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts