The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Maybe the new Exige is ok with the smaller wheels? I can't imagine Lotus wouldn't do something to negatively impact the car's performance.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
second guessing Lotus ride and handling guys

I suspect there may be simpler reasons why. First, it is clear the car is "safer" with more understeer, as would be the case with the six inch wide rims instead of the 6.5 inch.

Lotus may also make the decision that there are probably two kinds of buyers for the Exige. Those that are after the appearance and will not race the car, hence the safer six inch rims, and those that are going to race it, assuming they will replace the rims anyway.

The Cup wheels are a full inch wider in the front and half an inch wider in the rears. These are a possible replacement for those that want to compete with the Exige.

You are right in that the Exige provides many more options for tuning the suspension, what with the adjustable sway bar and shocks.

However for me, I like a balance car and want to get rid of some of the understeer, hence the request for 6.5 wide front wheels.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts