The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy an upgraded(I.e. louder) muffler for an elise that fits through stock exhaust opening(so no side exit). Obvious choice seems to be stage 2, but open to other options.

Thanks!
Max

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
I seem to remember complaints about the stage 2: Hwy droning for one.

Just keep what you have (muffler, money).

How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Larini Sport mufflers fit your requirements and they come up for sale every now and then here on the forum

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I had the Stage 3 on the Exige S when I purchased it. I didn't think it was that loud, but some do. It exits through the stock opening in the diffuser. I'd advise you to listen to whatever you're going to purchase. Opinions on exhausts are just that.

San

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a Larini Sport Exhaust that was on my 2008 Lotus Elise SC. It was installed by the previous owner of the car somewhere during his ownership which means it has less than 4,000 miles of use. I'm willing to part with it for $300. Any shipping costs to be paid by buyer. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you pictures.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Larini Sport Exhaust that was on my 2008 Lotus Elise SC. It was installed by the previous owner of the car somewhere during his ownership which means it has less than 4,000 miles of use. I'm willing to part with it for $300. Any shipping costs to be paid by buyer. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you pictures.
Does the Larini sport have the same volume as the stage 2? I compared YouTube videos and the larini seems a bit quieter, but I don’t know if that is due to the camera used...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wish I knew the answer. :-( All I know is that on the videos I've seen of various Larini exhausts, they all sound very loud to me, at both high and low RPMs. I don't think I've ever heard of somebody describing a Larini exhaust as quiet or more quiet than some other exhaust. The alleged issue with Larini is the drone (I say alleged only because I never actually had a chance to listen to the Larini on my car since it was removed right after I purchased it and before it was delivered to me). I swapped it out for a Sonic Fury exhaust at the recommendation of Shinoo at Inokinetic, and I'm extremely please with it. I kept the Larini exhaust just in case I wasn't happy with the Sonic Fury exhaust, but since I'm happy with it, the Larini exhaust has sat in a box in a closet for the past 9 months. That's why I'm willing to part with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump. After a lot of internet searching and YouTube viewing, I’ve narrowed my search to a stage 2 exhaust. I’m flexible, but hoping to keep price around $300 or so(shipped to 60010), if possible.

Please: stop making me drive around in such a quiet car and start making my neighbors hate me!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The stage 2 is much louder than my Larini B, which is why I moved to the the larini. This photo is looking down the inlet pipe for my old stage 2. See the gap in the thing at the bottom of the pipe? I noticed the part you can see at the bottom of the pipe moves around. Is it supposed to? Or is it broken? Assuming it is not supposed to move, is it a problem if it does? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me (that would be most everyone here!) can opine? The gentleman is interested in acquiring it, but I don’t want to send him something that is not ok, thanks for any input. The rest of it looks fine. Just too loud for me. I went from it to stock, then later “settled” on larini b. Not cheap, but I am now where I want to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The stage 2 is much louder than my Larini B, which is why I moved to the the larini. This photo is looking down the inlet pipe for my old stage 2. See the gap in the thing at the bottom of the pipe? I noticed the part you can see at the bottom of the pipe moves around. Is it supposed to? Or is it broken? Assuming it is not supposed to move, is it a problem if it does? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me (that would be most everyone here!) can opine? The gentleman is interested in acquiring it, but I don’t want to send him something that is not ok, thanks for any input. The rest of it looks fine. Just too loud for me. I went from it to stock, then later “settled” on larini b. Not cheap, but I am now where I want to be.
Thanks so much for the transparency, Kevin- once again reminded of how great fellow lotus owners are! Can anyone comment on the above question? Also, please let me know if there are any others with stage 2 (or other upgraded exhaust that exits through bottom of diffuser) available!!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Stage 2

:shrug:

Max & Kevin.

Max, sent you a pm about me might having a stage 2 stored away.

Kevin, if I do have one I will check it out for you.

Tomorrow is the earliest I can get to it.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Stage 2 exhause

If the deal with Kevin doesn't work out, I have pulled the muffler out of my attic and attached a couple of pictures. I believe this might be a stage two but not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
If the deal with Kevin doesn't work out, I have pulled the muffler out of my attic and attached a couple of pictures. I believe this might be a stage two but not sure.

Looks like a stage 2 to me. I am curious - does the piece at the bottom of the inlet tube on yours move around? Just want to know if mine is faulty.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
:surprise:
Kevin,

I checked the part you are referencing and that piece is not loose and appears to be tack welded in place. I sent you a message to your other post concerning this. If you need me to look further I have the muffler out in my garage.

·
Registered
185 Posts
:surprise:
Kevin,

I checked the part you are referencing and that piece is not loose and appears to be tack welded in place. I sent you a message to your other post concerning this. If you need me to look further I have the muffler out in my garage.
Thanks. Sorry to have missed that. Seems to make more sense for Max to buy yours and not have to mess around with trying to fix the broken weld. Okay?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
/forums/images/LotusTalk_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png
Kevin,

Thanks. Sorry to have missed that. Seems to make more sense for Max to buy yours and not have to mess around with trying to fix the broken weld. Okay?
Kevin, thanks again for the transparency- it’s folks like you that make the lotus community a special group!

Lotus72Eur: I have shot you a pm regarding your exhaust.

Thanks both!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Inokinetic SonicFury Muffler for Sale-700 miles/Mint Condition

Hi Everyone,
I have a nearly new, above diffuser Inokinetic SonicFury Muffler for sale. It has been used for 700 miles. It is in mint condition, is brushed silver, tip exits straight back (OG model). This muffler has NO drone, none. I am asking $550 plus shipping.

Pictures will be attached shortly.

My phone/text: 303-521-8979
My email: [email protected]

Thanks for your interest.

Scott R.
Denver, Colorado

1 - 20 of 20 Posts