The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're probably for the soft top as well, but I don't have a soft top so I don't know. One of my covers that hide the connection point to the hard top comes off constantly so I'm looking for a replacement. I only need the one, but will buy both. I *think* they're all black, but in case they're not, I need black. I've attached an image and circled in red it's approximate location.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for not specifying, but I need the passenger one. Possibly have one from Ripple, waiting for his reply.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've two responses, thanks to those who responded.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I believe there is a thread about the covers.
FWIW....
It seems the general decision is to not use them, because WHEN they fall off they tend to go out the window. It took my car less then 3k miles to loose one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? Mine's always fallen straight down even with the windows open. The Driver's side one never comes off, it's only the passenger side. I've a feeling it's because of missing tines on the velcro part, but we'll see when I get the new one.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Boy, I love these cars!
They each have a personality of their own.
I am guessing mine went out the window..... cuz I never found it on the inside!

·
Registered
357 Posts
first thing on mine that fell off and hit me in the head, never put them back on

if you're missing them, you're not missing much

·
Registered
937 Posts
Might have to use doublesided tape under the velcro. Mine didn't hold to well until I adjusted them, then they were pretty good. Once they were set up good you could feel the velcro snap together.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one, thanks to all that responded.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you still have the cover, just replace the fasteners. They can be found at Radio Shack and Target. I have found that target is cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts