The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for these wheels for track use. Any color or condition will do as long as they are not pink. :D

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Don't worry xtn, I still like them. Chili-when you want to unload your RAC's, let me know. I might be interested.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry xtn, I still like them. Chili-when you want to unload your RAC's, let me know. I might be interested.
Will do man... The volks are to replace the RAC's for track wheels. I still have the CUP wheels for street use...

·
Registered
191 Posts
good luck.
these wheels take 3-5 months to order.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'll sell you mine with brand new R888s on them.

Sale price: One miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars. (I take Paypal).

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll sell you mine with brand new R888s on them.

Sale price: One miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars. (I take Paypal).
I only have $999,999 in my paypal account.. :(

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI,

Found a set of Volk wheels today from ewheelz.com that I dont have to wait months to get. I got lucky, Volk happened to have a set of wheels at the factory that were the proper 15/16 specs. Only down side is the fronts are Gold and the backs are Bronze.. :) On the plus side I will have them in my hands in 8-10 days.

Since these are track wheels for me Ill probably leave them the color they are, if it starts to bother me Ill just get them powder coated or painted.

So it looks like Ill have the 225/245 setup for Harris Hill Road in a few weeks.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why so big in the front?

I love my Volks
More front traction = less under steer...

A lot of the local guys have had very good success with this setup.

This setup gives an additional 1.2 inches of tread width in the front and .7 inches rear. This should alleviate most of the under steer and give a more neutral car.

I may have to change my driving style a bit as shifting traction forward may allow the rear to come around a bit easier. Im used to coming into turns hard on the brakes at the limit of traction which could result in a spin if Im not careful.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He thinks that's the reason he can't catch me. :p

xtn
Thats part of the reason.. :D Other part is you are a bit better on the track than I am.. So Ill take any advantage I can get..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hey Chili, I got a decent price on powdercoating... Better than mounting wheels twice if you wanted to get them done the first time.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Chili, I got a decent price on powdercoating... Better than mounting wheels twice if you wanted to get them done the first time.
Depends on the amount of time it takes. I want to run these at Harris Hill on the 27th-28th...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Just do like I do..never wash em..you won't be able to tell the difference.

Sorry I missed your call...house arrest thing this week thru Sunday.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I may have to change my driving style a bit
I found that going from 16/17s to 15/16s with wider rubber changed both my braking points and shift points.

You'll have to learn every track all over (with regards to braking and shifting).

:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts