The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ready and in the market for a set of 16/17 combo volk te37 for my Exige S...color doesnt matter im going to PC it anyway

with out tires preferred, have a set of r888 comming in as well

thank you

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
"Your going to like the way you look"

I just saw Dan's car this last weekend and he's running the same set up on his ST Exige S. Now I want them too.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL i know, Dans car is sweet!!!

talked to BWR TE37s not in stock, waiting on a reply on s/h time and cost...if anyone out there has a used or new set they want to sell, please let me know

thanx!

·
Registered
891 Posts
FS: Ghost in a jar

This ghost belonged to an Exige S owner and was said to give the car an extra 13 rwhp. It also improved the handling characteristics by allowing an almost, ethereal presence to guide the car thus not allowing driver mistakes. This mod is best used with an S111 or BWR cupholder or a Camera mount. Taking offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Give me a call today... I have a hook up :up:

Thanks for joining us for "dinner" last night rotfl I hope the gfriend wasn't too pissed :huh:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This ghost belonged to an Exige S owner and was said to give the car an extra 13 rwhp. It also improved the handling characteristics by allowing an almost, ethereal presence to guide the car thus not allowing driver mistakes. This mod is best used with an S111 or BWR cupholder or a Camera mount. Taking offers.
wth is that?

niel imma call you, and NO the gf was not pissed at all, although "dinner" was non existent, hahahahahahaha

i need my VOLKs damnit :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
FWIW... I got mine from Francis at ASpec. Good guy to deal with... also has them on his Elise.

Had to order and wait 4 months tho because I could find them NOWHERE in the US!

[email protected] 626-618-1100

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx dan, ill hit em up

no thanx alex, hahaha JK

im very impatient, cus once i get the $$$ i dont wanna spend it on other BS like watches and shoes, hahahaha, esp since my r888 or on their way, i dont want to have to mount em on the LSS then remove them a few months later to mount them on the Volks...blah...anyway im just ranting here, i want/need my Volks, hahahaha

·
Registered
891 Posts
Why don't you just rent a set of Cup wheels from ryan? That's what AJ and I are doing. He has 3 extra sets so that leaves 1 for you. Spend your money on shoes? Is this Coi or his gf talking? haha jk.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rent a wheel ryan? hahahaha, we'll see how my search for volks go in the next couple weeks

thanx

·
Registered
891 Posts
I thought Ryan sold all those extra Cup wheels a while back.
Sales fall through?
Edit: I talked to Ryan, he is planning on hoarding as many sets to drive up the demand so he can sell them at uber inflated prices. He mentioned something along the line of 6k a set with no wheels. 4k for friendos however. There may be hope for me yet. This is like some wall street shananigans.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Edit: I talked to Ryan, he is planning on hoarding as many sets to drive up the demand so he can sell them at uber inflated prices. He mentioned something along the line of 6k a set with no wheels. 4k for friendos however. There may be hope for me yet. This is like some wall street shananigans.
rotflrotflrotfl

Plus... you said friendo ... hell yes! See the movie asap... you won't regret it :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
ahh, but as we know, all bubbles eventually pop..

think tech bubble.
think Z06 bubble
think California Real Estate bubble
think mortgage backed bubble
think sub prime bubble
think attempted cup wheels bubble
:) :) :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just got word, Loanshark just located 3 more sets of cup wheels and will most likely be buying them. Actually he just bought them. I wonder where he is getting these things. They are hotter than Miley Cyrus tickets.

Looks like he is getting into the Volk market as well. Francis may be able to get the wheels 6-8 weeks from now but Ryan will have them...in 2 days. He said he located a set of TEs and a set of CEs and will sell them to the highest bidder.

·
Registered
891 Posts
ahh, but as we know, all bubbles eventually pop..

think tech bubble.
think Z06 bubble
think California Real Estate bubble
think mortgage backed bubble
think sub prime bubble
think attempted cup wheels bubble
:) :) :)
See but think of the cup wheel bubble like this...
A kid walking up a hill with a yoyo. The yoyo goes up and down but it's always going uphill.
As history shows, bubbles get big, pop, then get bigger than before.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Tell that to people sitting on old ZR1 Corvettes, pet rocks, cabbage patch dolls, and I-phones at introductory + prices.
Steve, if you own a pet rock or cabbage patch dolls, I truly am sorry. Not sure about the ZR1 but if you invest in a piece of technology, it will get outdated so you can't compare that. A cup wheel is like, a baseball card. Not many out there but there is enough demand to make it worth something. So if loanshark wants to hoard the wheels to drive up prices let him. Aren't you one of the demands anyways? As with the lotus community, you gotta pay to play.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts