The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a broken or salvage rear clam? I am looking for the sheet metal bracket that is normally riveted to the rear clam, that holds the washer fluid reservoir.

#20 in this picture:

Seemingly not available from the dealer.

This is the only thing needed to finish sorting our project's engine bay!

Thanks in advance-

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hmmm...I just know they got the washer reservoir from some common small car. If you could figure out which one you could probably get an appropriate bracket.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Hmmm...I just know they got the washer reservoir from some common small car. If you could figure out which one you could probably get an appropriate bracket.
The problem is that it's usually a small car that is made in Europe and not available here in the US. Yes, the parts are common and cheap - over there... :shrug:

Or course, sometimes the parts are found here in the US and/or are very cheap from Lotus themselves... :shrug:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Surely the washer bottle is indeed from another car - my guess is a toyota since I seem to remember seeing DENSO molded into it when I was looking for the Min and Max marks...

The problem is that on whatever car it came from, the bracket is almost certainly welded to the unibody rather than rivited.

That said - can I bump this and ask again if anyone has a totalled rear clam?

I am kicking myself for throwing my damaged clam out without drilling those rivets out and saving the bracket, but I thought for sure the replacement clam would include (semi) permanently installed pieces...

·
Inactive
831 Posts
As a sidetrack, when you re-attach the bracket don't use the original holes - it is possible to mount the bottle so that it is level, which is something that Lotus did not manage to do.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestion - will certainly take advantage of it.

Still don't have a bracket secured - so does anyone have one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts