The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for wheels for my elise. I want to stay with the 16/17 size and would like 7+ in the front and 8+ in the rear. I am not in a rush, so if you see this and it has been a while, go ahead and post anyway. Considering almost anything. Must be under 1000$.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Buy some spacers and get some miata wheels. Under $1100 brand new. There aren't any setups like you are looking for really that are lotus specific I don't think?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Both Gregsraceparts.com and Blackwatchracing.com sells wheels in that price range. I have a set of Rota Torque in 7” and 8”, had them on the car for a year including 4 track days, still like new.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Both Gregsraceparts.com and Blackwatchracing.com sells wheels in that price range. I have a set of Rota Torque in 7” and 8”, had them on the car for a year including 4 track days, still like new.
He is right, sorry I thought they were thinner, still more then Miata wheels though!

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I am looking for wheels for my elise. I want to stay with the 16/17 size and would like 7+ in the front and 8+ in the rear. I am not in a rush, so if you see this and it has been a while, go ahead and post anyway. Considering almost anything. Must be under 1000$.

Thanks!
I'd recommend ditching the 1985-spec 16" front and getting a nice 17/17 combo. The XXR 527 is very inexpensive, looks fantastic, is a decently strong wheel, and not much heavier than the OEM Y-Type's. Choosing a 205/40 front and 235/40 rear will put you very nearly stock OD ratio, and adding the steering arms to the front with some negative camber will make them tuck beautifully. So if it's street wheels you're after, it's hard to beat the XXR's. You could also get the XXR 530 with a 16" front. Both are available from GRP.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/wheels

VEP_6131
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd recommend ditching the 1985-spec 16" front and getting a nice 17/17 combo. The XXR 527 is very inexpensive, looks fantastic, is a decently strong wheel, and not much heavier than the OEM Y-Type's. Choosing a 205/40 front and 235/40 rear will put you very nearly stock OD ratio, and adding the steering arms to the front with some negative camber will make them tuck beautifully. So if it's street wheels you're after, it's hard to beat the XXR's. You could also get the XXR 530 with a 16" front. Both are available from GRP.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/wheels

VEP_6131
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
I have seen you car around here a lot, and I'm starting to consider them as well. Can you tell me what all you needed ? (spacers,steering arms, etc..) I do have the exige front end, so I believe it has a little more clearance than the elise?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd recommend ditching the 1985-spec 16" front and getting a nice 17/17 combo. The XXR 527 is very inexpensive, looks fantastic, is a decently strong wheel, and not much heavier than the OEM Y-Type's. Choosing a 205/40 front and 235/40 rear will put you very nearly stock OD ratio, and adding the steering arms to the front with some negative camber will make them tuck beautifully. So if it's street wheels you're after, it's hard to beat the XXR's.
Thanks for the recommendation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts