The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to buy a Saffron Yellow Hard top ASAP. I'm happy to pay a premium. Let me know!

Stan

·
Registered
513 Posts
Stan,

I might be selling my SY hardtop when I get it in late Feb/early March - just something to keep in mind if you haven't found one by then.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Stan-have you talked to your dealer? They can order one for $2400. Takes about two months according to another guy who did it (look in interior/exterior).

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
>>>Stan-have you talked to your dealer? They can order one for $2400. Takes about two months according to another guy who did it (look in interior/exterior).<<<

Apparently it was not widely known that you could order them. Else I would have done so already. I've heard that they arrive unpainted but it was just posted that for $2300-2400 they come in paint matched. Not sure what is up with that. I'd like one right now.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Stan said:
>>>Stan-have you talked to your dealer? They can order one for $2400. Takes about two months according to another guy who did it (look in interior/exterior).<<<

Apparently it was not widely known that you could order them. Else I would have done so already. I've heard that they arrive unpainted but it was just posted that for $2300-2400 they come in paint matched. Not sure what is up with that. I'd like one right now.
They do come painted. One of the local guys here with a SY Elise ordered his hardtop separately. It arrived about a month ago, maybe a little more, and it matched perfectly.

I don't remember the details, but there was mounting hardware on the top that was oriented differently than that on the car. I think it was just a matter of removing the hardware from the top and remounting it in a different position. That may also have just been an early delivery glitch.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Stan, you know that there is the gullwing top offered, that is tinted. I can't remember who is selling it, but it would be something out of the ordinary, and look good as well as be practical. Just a thought and friendly reminder. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts