The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to return my car to stock (other than my decat exhaust) to prepare for a FI upgrade. I would like to obtain a stock throttle body. I am willing to pay for the stock throttle body, but am also willing to trade my Thor throttle body (from Ragnorak racing).

Additional info on the Thor Throttle Body / disclaimer:
My car ran really well for over a year and a few track days with the Thor Throttle Body, but now is running rich. The guys working on my car are having difficult trouble shooting the issue and think getting everything back to stock prior to the intake manifold is the most conservative route. Once I get the car running well, I am going the forced induction route. I would like to say that the Thor Throttle Body is a quality product, but based on my other experiences with Ragnorak I can not make that claim. Also, as documented throught this forum, aftermarket throttle body hp gains are not acheivable without an appropriate ECU tune. If you take this throttle body as a trade, I can not guarantee you will be satisfied.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle Body

MaineLotus,

Would like to make the trade with you. I will touchbase with my mechanic to understand what parts are the best to switch out. Please PM me your contact information.

I have the car in a shop in Austin, and would like to have the parts shipped directly to/from the shop. I am stepping away from my desk for a few hours, but feel free to call my cell. Thank you. 415-595-7308

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Sent you a PM - I'm willing to trade throttlebody for throttlebody, but I'm reluctant to exchange my Toyota sensors for your Toyota sensors. Let me know if you'd still like to sway the throttlebody only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts