The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some paint correction last night with the help of plackslayer(thanks for the help man!) last night and we noticed something weird in the rear clam on both sides. There is a well defined line on both sides in the same spot that can't see looking straight on but with the right light and angle it's pretty obvious. The paint is smooth with no raises in it. I tried to get pics and this is the best I could do:

In this picture you can see it just in front of the light.

Same with this one.

I looked at a few other Elises at cars and coffee and couldn't see this on any other cars. Ideas?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm going with Uncle Sam or something similar to what he said. Present on mine as well -- although not as noticeable. That is, it wasn't noticeable until someone pointed it out. :p

·
Registered
650 Posts
Fiberglass bonding line? Yeah, I know the Elise is sprayed fiberglass, but maybe that is a point of reinforcement for the trunk.
+1

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going with Uncle Sam or something similar to what he said. Present on mine as well -- although not as noticeable. That is, it wasn't noticeable until someone pointed it out. :p
:D lol

I'm picky, and notice just about every little thing on the car. But awesome to know it probably wasn't a repair!

I have the same thing on mine too.
Good.

is it in the same spot exactly on both sides?
Well I haven't technically measures but it looks damn close.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I have had a couple of cone prints like that. Somebody borrowing it for autocrosses when you are not looking? :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Mine has it, I looked at it closely, it looks like an area where a single sheet of fiberglass was not continuous, and this is where the two sheets were joined. From what I have seen this was the production method on the 05 Elise, not sure about later years.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts