The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

WTH: Lotus Kartttttt

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Formula1 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I can only imagine towing one of these to the track, behind my Elise. This would make my Elise "the BIG racing car". I do not see any innovations in the design which makes them a better choice than existing Karts on the market. Although, the C30 seems to be the more Deluxe model. Any clue on the cost?

#7 ·
SturgeonGeneral,
I already checked with Santa Claus, he emphatically told me your stocking was way too small for the Kart to fit in it.
Under Unified North Pole Code (UNPC 4-2105) any stocking constructed or expanded after 31 June (mid point of the year) cannot have the reasonable expectation of being filled. Sigh, if you you had gone with the "ubersock" a few months earlier.

#8 ·
I've got three racing track karts. The Lotus karts are built by Wildkart and the chassis and components are made in Italy. They have a couple of different chassis for TAG karts and shifter Karts. A "roller" is about $6K. Will need another $6K to add engine, slicks, drive train, controls, instrument (Mychron4), etc.

The Lotus kart looks very cool and I like the "bespoke" components on it.

So far I haven't found a USA distributor (only Canada).

#11 ·
One of these with a minature Elise or Exige body on it would be hysterical.

#12 ·
I don't like wild karts- older technology. They don't even have floating rotors! I've always raced Birels.

- M32 Rotax Max SR w/ mychron 3
- CM32 mod moto shifter w/ mychron 3 gold
- RY30 Swedetch Rotax Max SR w/ mychron 4 including GPS.

I guess I'm biased, but the livery is cool!

1st pick is the floating rotor.
2nd pick is my shifter. I'm the one with the gold shield.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

#15 ·
I've got two Zanardi's and one CRG all with Roatx Senior engines. To tell you the truth......karting is such a blast it is almost more fun than track days in the Lotus. More over, it's radically cheaper. Tough on the body though. No suspension and you feel every single bump. But boy do these things handle. You have no idea until you drive one at speed.

#18 ·
Nope. Bought them all privately used. That's the other good thing about karts......you can buy them used for steep discounts :D. And yes, they are all CRG's

#20 ·
Wow! Very cool.

I used to race karts when I was at Secondary School (the equivalent of High School) in the UK. I used to live close to Rye House, one of the best purpose built karting tracks in the country (it's just north of London), and with my school karting club would travel all over the country to compete in National Association of School Karting (NATSKA) events.

Martin Hines, the legendary karting champion who held launch many F1 careers (and sadly passed away last year) lived on the next street to me.

I even have a legacy of this past on the shelf next to me. It's a metal kart racer made with nuts and bits of metal. It was a gift from my parents.

When I drive my Elise (which I've only had for about 6 weeks now) it reminds me of my karting days, more than it does of driving a normal car.

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Here are my two son's on track. If you look closely at the black track suit you will smile..... and a short video

Attachments

#24 ·
Nice! It's a great sport! Too bad the coma I was in back in 2010 put an end to it! ?I'm on blood thinner now and it's just too much of a risk now. So no more racing karts and bikes! ? I had to settle for a Lotus and track days! ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.