The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My windshield broke a couple of months ago, and I thought i will use the opportunity to install the Speedglass. Got it from Sector111 for $695 shipped. Installed it and realized after around 50 miles that this is not for the daily driver. Just to clarify, this is made out lexan, which is lighter than stock (saves 16 lb!). Take a look at www.sector111.com for more information. There are also several threads in this forum that describe the benefits and disadvantages of the Speedglass.

I was thinking of either selling it, or if someone has a regular glass and wants to swap with me.

The nice thing about mine is that it is fully prepared now. It takes a while to trim it and shape it to fit the Elise, so whoever gets it will be able to easily install it. I paid $485 at a glass shop. Next person would do it for no more than $150, if I understand correctly the kind of work that needs to be done.

For sale, I will take $600 shipped. This will have a $300 value of prep work.

I live in NJ and work in NYC, so prefers to do it with someone local, but if anyone wants it shipped we can arrange for that.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have a Widsheld surround that I can sell :D If anyone needs it :) Will work great with the Speedglass

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, if soneone wants to buy it instead of a swap, shipping is actually not so bad. I can have it nicely packed. I would probably sell for $600 shipped, and again, you get a $300 value of prep work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why do you say it's not good for daily driver use? Distortion or something? I had been thinking about getting one if mine ever broke.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Visibility is different. I only drove it 50 miles, and people do say you get used to it. Also, my particular issue is that I usually leave home very early in the morning when it is dark, and return home late at night, and i am not sure how it would be at night time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts