The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's gorgeous, I know, but I'm willing to let this Volkswagen go for the right Aston-Martin plus cash.

Its front bumper is pulled slightly askew on the passenger side from tearing the undertray off during a temporary road incident on a construction site. There are also three license plate holes drilled in the front bumper (OEM!) and its passenger foglamp lens is cracked. Some minor hail damage to the roof, hood, and hatch, along with a few paint-colored dents on the driver's door from a parking lot incident and the rear bumper after stalling out and rolling backwards into a brand-new Honda Civic at the Chinese New Year Parade in San Francisco. Prominent paint scuffs under driver's door handle, as should be expected, and beneath passenger door from opening into a very tall curb in San Rafael. Heel marks along and below door sills, but I bet they'd clean up nicely with a little Goo-Gone.

The interior's pretty clean. Water-spots on the drooping headliner at the roof and sunroof hatch, as well as mold spots from standing water in rear footwell. Cracked dashboard and normal fully-abraded finishes on the door handles and gearshift boot for a car of this mileage. Broken center console latch and parking brake release button trim. Hole worn in driver's floormat beneath accellerator, dead pedal squeaks (OEM!). Cracked power window motor mechanism on driver's side. Driver's interior door panel has been removed for convenient access to raise window. Aftermarket iPod adapter installed in trunk, will also include broken CD changer. Both front speakers are blown.

Runs beautifully. Dealer-serviced every 5k miles through 95k, with aftermarket service for the 100k and 105k intervals. They've never been able to fix the airbag harness fault. Rear spoiler switch functions, but automatic deployment only closes the sunroof. More-or-less new tires all the way around, three different brands. Could use new suspension.

Includes TWO switchblade keys, original manual, and unopened videocassette. Valet key has never been used! Also includes door panel. Front license plate bracket is on 101 somewhere in Marin County - will include California plate if you can find it.

Looking for Aston-Martin Vanquish, 2003 or newer, less than 30k miles, plus $2761.69 cash. Prefer titanium, but will consider other colors upon personal evaluation. If money's tight, I'll let you take over Turbobeetle payments in lieu of cash, approximately $220 per month for the next year.

PM me if interested, serious offers only.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
bump for a great deal by a great seller...

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
man, if it were only 6 months from now I'd be all over this!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I would do it myself, but my wife won't let me get rid of any of our Vanquishes.

xtn

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does it still have the original bad O2 sensors, a constant check engine light on, use a quart of oil every 1000 miles, burnt out right side headlight, the flaking paint on the interior door handles?

Would you consider an Esprit?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...i replaced the O2 sensor in the first year, actually the engine's been pretty wonderful other than that - full porsche dealer maintainance at 5k service intervals, it's incredibly smooth and pulls very well, drives and shifts like the day i took delivery...

...all original lights and it's never consumed fluids, but i think my recurring airbag fault is a close-enough analog to the CEL, and the interior door handles do look a bit like danny trejo...come to think of it, that's not too different from an esprit, is it?..

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Sounds like a great offer but at the moment all I've got is a Bentley Continental GT Speed, oh well....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump.

Will also trade for (1) 15x7 and (1) 16x8 Volk CE28n wheels, plus $3376.40 cash. Prefer pink, but will consider other colors upon personal evaluation.

Cash ONLY for the wheel trade - will not consider taking over payments as an alternative.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
It just so happens I've got an extra (1) 15x7 and (1) 16x8 Volk CE28n remaining. They're pink just like you prefer. Consider that a deal. When can you bring the car to the Dallas area?

xtn

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...i'm hosting three rallies this weekend - can you have cash in-hand the weekend of june 27?..

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Would you consider a 1996 993 Turbo Carrera in Polar Silver?

Nevermind, the two cars are almost identical... :crazyeyes

EDIT: Hey, where's the faux "turbo" script on the rear fascia? I smell a rat!

·
Registered
430 Posts
...come to think of it, that's not too different from an esprit, is it?..
I was interested in your VW because I have a really great set of tools that I don't get to use as often as I'd like. In comparison to the Turbo Beetle, the S1 Esprit is a marvel of modern engineering, reliability and quality craftsmanship.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey, where's the faux "turbo" script on the rear fascia? I smell a rat!
...first-generation turbobeetles have it where it matters - they don't need to make a show of themselves...

In comparison to the Turbo Beetle, the S1 Esprit is a marvel of modern engineering, reliability and quality craftsmanship.
...oh, wait, you were offering an S1 esprit in trade?..

...that changes things quite a bit, i assumed you meant the V8 pictured in your avatar...hmm, i'll have to think this through - a series one esprit versus a couple of sweeeet pink wheels to match the other two i bought off the side of the road last week (thanks, rich soule!)..

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Smoking hot deal!

Don't have a Vanquish, but would you accept a Range Rover plus an Elise plus an Exige plus cash?

Pretty please!

:cool:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...we already have an elise, and my SO insists that an exige would be lamely derivative - we're only considering astons at the moment...

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
You said you would trade for the wheels. I've got the wheels. Now you're going back and considering other trades?

xtn

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will also trade for (1) 15x7 and (1) 16x8 Volk CE28n wheels, plus $3376.40 cash. Prefer pink, but will consider other colors upon personal evaluation. Cash ONLY for the wheel trade - will not consider taking over payments as an alternative.
It just so happens I've got an extra (1) 15x7 and (1) 16x8 Volk CE28n remaining. They're pink just like you prefer. Consider that a deal. When can you bring the car to the Dallas area?
...i'm hosting three rallies this weekend - can you have cash in-hand the weekend of june 27?..
You said you would trade for the wheels. I've got the wheels. Now you're going back and considering other trades?
...heck no, i just never heard back from you - if you have the cash, it's yours!..

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I've only got $18.77 in cash on me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts