The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have learned my lesson. After years of trying to get my wife interested in my hobby (cars), I finally broke down and purchased her what I thought would be the ideal way to get her into the car scene as a "surprise" for our anniversary.. She has always liked the quattro coupe but I could never get myself to buy one. Love the all wheel drive, but felt they were underpowered at 225hp in a #3100 car. After 6-8 months of cruising the forums, learning about modification options, and watching the market, I ran across what I felt would be the ideal vehicle. Silver/Blk 2003 coupe with under 4k miles, and around $20K in top of the line aftermarket components (APR stage 3+ turbo system upgrade [see goapr.com], Brembo 328mm big brake kit [also from APR site], H&R suspension upgrades, 3-pc OZ wheels, Spec clutch, lightweight aluminum flywheel, etc.). Very tasteful. Bottom line is that it is the way the TT should have been made to capture the eye of the performance market. Everything is wonderful, with the exception of the fact that she will not drive it to shows, etc. :confused: Her position is that it is my hobby and she just wants to support me (from a distance apparently) in enjoying it. So, new plan. A friend of mine had a 2006 Exige which I just loved even though I only drove it once. This may be my chance to get one of my own. Would also consider an Elise, but would prefer it to have the hard top. I'd be looking to get around $27k on the Audi. I tried to attach a couple shots...hope it worked. Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm located in central Louisiana in a small town just outside of Alexandria. I'll try to add a little information from PMs I got: The original owner was from NY and this was one of his 'toys'. It was stored winters and never driven in the snow/salt and it has never been tracked. The tires and wheels have been on approximately 1 year. There is a custom Autometer boost gauge built into the left hand A/C vent (looks like it could have been a factory addition and looks much nicer than a guage pod added to the steering column, dash, etc.). It also has a Miltek exhaust system which is considerably less restrictive than stock, but not loud at all. For information on the APR turbo kit, go to APR - Engineered Performance for Audi, Volkswagen, and Porsche Vehicles or call them. I spoke to one of their technicians at length when researching the kit. It is very extensive and comes with 4 tunes built right in that can be cycled through using the cruise control buttons (Stock, 91 octane, 93 octane, and valet). If you wanted more power, you can get a 100+ octane tune as well, but as the car was never raced, the 93 gives plenty of power. The interior is like new and I seriously doubt that the 'back seat' has ever seen a passenger. It has the Audi concert sound system with the Bose speakers.

Was also asked about Lotus desires... Ideally a 2006 Exige, color not a deal breaker, but black would be the least appealing just from an upkeep perspective. Would also consider 05/06 Elise, preferably with hard top. 07's are just going to be cost prohibitive.

For what it is worth, I'm a 42 year old psychologist.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Can you knock off a few grand because of the Bose speakers?

Just kidding. That's a really sweat TT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts