The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a red 94 viper with 25k miles I'd like to trade for an elise. My car has new wheels and tires off a newer model viper. Perfect paint, no engine problems, soft top, deleted cats, and clean title. I'm looking for any 05 or newer elise. Preferably orange. I don't want a rebuilt title. I feel my car has enough value for an even trade. I'm located in northwest florida. Id be willing to drive a few hours to meet in the middle and make the swap. Pm. Text. Or call. Brian 850 218 0023

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Not sure what the used market is for the Viper, but I don't you'll find a taker.

While both fun sports cars, they are sort of different animals.

And since Elises are relatively low in number, it's going to be hard to find someone who has a) a car you want, and b) wants your exact car and c) is relatively close.

Your best bet is to sell your Viper outright and then you'll have cash in hand to buy the EXACT Elise you want - will provide you with the most choice and peace of mind.

If you are looking for an Elise, this is the place to find it!

Good luck

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
I'll bet you'll have a taker also.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I've got a red 94 viper with 25k miles I'd like to trade for an elise. My car has new wheels and tires off a newer model viper. Perfect paint, no engine problems, soft top, deleted cats, and clean title. I'm looking for any 05 or newer elise. Preferably orange. I don't want a rebuilt title. I feel my car has enough value for an even trade. I'm located in northwest florida. Id be willing to drive a few hours to meet in the middle and make the swap. Pm. Text. Or call. Brian 850 218 0023
Actually I disagree they are similar in many ways. Both are limited production (viper about 1000/yr). Hand built with very Spartan appointment (that Viper does not even have door handles or side windows) as they are both race cars for the road. Also the Elise has about 10 lbs/hp. Viper about 12. That Viper is worth about $25-30k so right in line with 05 Elise

I doubt he will get any takers though as I tried the same swap with mine without a nibble. I suggest OP sell car out right and then press hard on the purchase of the car he wants. Or he can do what I did, sweet talked his wife into letting me keep both.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im at least giving the trade a try first before i sell it. And i know you Lotus people have to have at least some love for the Viper being that when you go to the lotustalk.com start page you're greeted by a picture of a Viper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I disagree they are similar in many ways. Both are limited production (viper about 1000/yr). Hand built with very Spartan appointment (that Viper does not even have door handles or side windows) as they are both race cars for the road. Also the Elise has about 10 lbs/hp. Viper about 12. That Viper is worth about $25-30k so right in line with 05 Elise

I doubt he will get any takers though as I tried the same swap with mine without a nibble. I suggest OP sell car out right and then press hard on the purchase of the car he wants. Or he can do what I did, sweet talked his wife into letting me keep both.
And i wish i was in the same boat as you. Having both cars would be pretty dreamy. Which do you like more?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Were it a GTS coupe, I would consider it.

I'm currently looking to trade my Exige for a Bentley Arnage. I'm pretty sure my chances of finding someone with the opposite mind will be pretty slim.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
solicit much?
Annoy much? It's actually a courtesy to the seller to get a wider audience. And that last post was also made about 5 months ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts