The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got a set of these a while back for my Miata. They're very nice seats, but unfortunately the headrests don't come up quite high enough for me. I'd like to trade them for a set of stock Elise seats, possibly plus cash on your side depending on what you have. They are the seats formerly sold by Sector 111 - they should bolt up directly to stock seat mounts, though I don't have an Elise to confirm that.

They are in excellent condition and have not been used very long.

I'm happy to take more pictures as well as needed. I'm located in Richmond CA.

·
Registered
855 Posts
What color seats were you looking for? I have a pair of red/black 05' Elise seats which are comfortable and in reasonable condition but I am not fond of the red.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Sorry, these seats are too tall for me and my head hits the roof of my car...just went and checked my records. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What color seats were you looking for? I have a pair of red/black 05' Elise seats which are comfortable and in reasonable condition but I am not fond of the red.
My car is yellow, so I'd really prefer black. Send me a picture though, I may be interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, these seats are too tall for me and my head hits the roof of my car...just went and checked my records. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks for your interest. The seat cushions are fairly thick on these. They are easily removable and I've been driving around with the cushion out of the driver's seat - if I end up keeping them, I'll have thinner ones made.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Pictures of my red seats.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
honestly, I would come up with a price. The market is small, and many people do not want to give up their original seats. Selling them and waiting to find a pair of OEM seats is a better bet. IIRC the bucket itself is virtually identical to the lotus seat, perhaps the padding is different, so I don't know how much happier you will be with the Lotus seats

Good luck with trade or sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
InfernoLotus - Thanks for the pictures, but I think I'll pass for now.

exigegus - Thanks for the input. I looked for a set of OEM seats for a few months before purchasing these with no luck. They seem to go fast when they do come up for sale. As far as I can tell, the bucket itself is dimensionally very similar, but the OEM seats have a headrest that comes up about 2.5" higher - that's mainly what I'm after.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Corbeau has a few different options, but the 2 I researched were the LE standard, which is a like-for-like replacement, and the LE Pro. There's a 7cm difference in height between the 2. Diagrams from them below:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts