The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1999 Panoz AIV with 8150 miles I would like to use as a trade toward an Exige S. A total of 154 were made and this is number 40 of the last years production of 54. It has a 320 HP Cobra SVT motor. Approx weight is 2,450 will pull approx .98 on the skid pad, 0-60 in approx 4.6 seconds and 1/4 miles time of 12.8 to 13.0. Approx value $38,000.00

TJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
panoz

The AIV was Panoz's first car. It was built from 1992 to 1999. It is hand built in GA. A lot of people think it's a kit car but its really a production car like a Morgan. Insurance companies consider it an exotic. It has an aluminum frame, aluminum body panels (except the fenders fiberglass) runs all Ford SVT Cobra mechanicals and a Ford 8.8 coil over rear end.
Panoz other car a GT tourer won the GT3 Lemans in 2004 or 2005.

"You must really want an Exige" I had the car for 7 years and it time to make a change. Maybe a Noble or GT3 would also work. Looking for something I can drive to work a little more.

TJ

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
That's the best WTT I've ever seen on LT !!!! :nanner:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Panoz is a very interesting company.

Panoz Auto Development is a manufacturer of high-performance automobiles founded in 1989 by Dan Panoz, son of pharmaceutical and motorsport mogul Don Panoz.
Don Panoz invented the transdermal patch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Panoz

None of Panoz's cars really took off. I remember looking at a 1999 AIV Roadster that was brand new, never titled and all four tires were flat. The dealer didn't do anything with it. The bad thing - it was 2004. If you look at the quality of the cars and the components in them they were really well done. I think it came down to a style issue, it was love it or hate it thing.I liked them myself. They still produce the Esperante and it seems they are readying a new model soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lotus Fury

You are right you either like them or hate them. The AIV is a very hard core car. I drove a Viper GTS, Prowler, Z06 and a S2000 while I was looking.
Since I was buying a 'week end only car I purchased the Panoz. To me it was a funner car to drive and it's, different, looks like an old Healy and I can fix it at any Ford dealer in the country (except body panels).

I drove it to the store on Sunday and the old girl still turns heads and drew a crowd.

TJ

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
:up: Sharp car, I bet it turns heads!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Panoz built all the champ cars for the last season.
Panoz builds the star mazdas
Panoz is now also van diem open wheel cars ( spelling)
Panoz builds gt-2 cars, several verisons
Panoz built alot of lemans prototypes
Panoz lost the open wheel contact due ot the indy/champ merger
But they do nice stuff seel Elan motor/autosport.
The Don ownes sebring. road atlanta, founded elan pharma, yada yada yada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts