·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone reproduce this wing?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Doesn't the 93.5 have the exact same wing just mounted on the trunk lid? If you could get one of those you would be in better shape than an SE wing. Try SJ Sportscars.

·
Registered
211 Posts
the 1993.5 wing is its own mold and with only 62 of the 1993 SEs ever built, there were no extra spoilers floating about that I know about. Just keep hunting on ebay, thats how I found my not-yet-mounted one. Ive seen two others go on ebay since 2006.
The vertical end areas of the 93 versus the 91 and x180r are slightly elongated and the whole angle of the spoiler is slightly more agressive:

the 90 SE spoiler should be easy to find. Sanj has one for $600 and Ill be getting rid of mine once my 93 wing goes on.... get one of those, make the mounting pylons taller and move it back on the transom and theres your x180r wing ;)

Jamie

·
Registered
860 Posts
I love the look of the x190r wing on the rear of the car, but wow that must be a PITA to load anything into the trunk........and forget about climbing into the trunk to work on the engine! I guess the S4S and the early V8s have that same issue though, too.

BTW, I bought my 93.5 because of the rear spoiler and hatch (and the S4 interior).

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
The X180-R wing is a pain to climb over to do any work on the car... Especially when the car is up on jack stands... pretty much need a ladder.

Though you don't tend to hit your head on the X180-R wing like you do with the SE wing!!!

Note that the X180-R wing doesn't go up with the hatch.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have always thought that the later V8 wings would look fantastic if they were mounted further rearward. Can anyone with some decent photoshop skills "shop" a late model V8 wing on the rearmost portion of an Esprit just to see how it looks from the side?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 10 of 10 Posts