• I OWN BOTH

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent thread gave me the idea.... I was just wondering which system YOU own and which system you would RATHER have. Please vote on the poll. I hope you all know PS3 is better statistically:D

accidentally in wrong section so..... LOTUS'S are the BEST!:D

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
much prefer my PS3.....probably shouldn't be in lotus related unless that choice it based on the fact that you can drive a lotus in GT5
Yea PS3 is not only a gaming system like XBOX, but it is used for MANY other things like surfing the web, watching movies online, uploading ur pics, surfing ET/LT, you can change your themes, and o yea.... BLU-RAY BABY!!:coolnana:
a blu-ray player can cost over $600.00 so why not pay for a PS3???

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
there are only like 4 games avaliable for ps3...

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are only like 4 games avaliable for ps3...
I have ALWAYS heard that excuse and who would want to play OLD xbox 360 games? answer: NOBODY its just an excuse+ PS3 has over 100 games so I dont know anyon who will play all of them be4 new ones come out.

Edit: Plus this is about the SYSTEM NOT the games

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can drive a Lotus in any racing game these days.

I much prefer my 360 for several reasons:

1) It's not the size of a Ford F250 sitting in my living room
2) It actually has a large selection of games
3) XBOX Live Arcade
4) XBOX Live Gaming
5) Vista Media Center integration
6) I don't have to pay 80 bucks extra for the controller that should have been bundled with the system
7) I can play my old Xbox games without worrying about what version of the 360 I have
8) I can upgrade the hard drive myself
9) It's considerably less expensive
10) Peripherals, Games and devices are cheaper.

As soon as Netflix premieres on XBOX Live this fall, it will end all the debate for me. On-demand, dvd quality streaming trumps buying/renting Blu-Ray all day long.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have ALWAYS heard that excuse and who would want to play OLD xbox 360 games? answer: NOBODY its just an excuse+ PS3 has over 100 games so I dont know anyon who will play all of them be4 new ones come out.

Edit: Plus this is about the SYSTEM NOT the games
95 of the 100 games for the PS3 suck balls.

And who in the WORLD browses the internet on their TV? It's painful at best. The 360 has themes too.

The ONLY advantage the PS3 has is Blu-Ray, and the fact that it happens to be the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market is very sad. I won't be switching to Blu-Ray at all until I can

a) Get a player for DVD-like prices (aka under a hundred bucks)
b) Have it be BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE (sorry I won't be paying thousands of dollars to get bluray versions of old movies that look terrible at 1080p)
c) The movies themselves aren't price premiums, and are under 20 dollars a pop at retail.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have no idea which one to get and don't know much about either. I want to play a few race car games (especially f1 games), hockey, and maybe guitar hero or whatever it's called. I would also use it as a personal media center and surfing online so I can surf on my big tv. Which should I go with?
I would assume X-box/microsoft would be better for the home networking and media stuff.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can drive a Lotus in any racing game these days.

I much prefer my 360 for several reasons:

1) It's not the size of a Ford F250 sitting in my living room
2) It actually has a large selection of games
3) XBOX Live Arcade
4) XBOX Live Gaming
5) Vista Media Center integration
6) I don't have to pay 80 bucks extra for the controller that should have been bundled with the system
7) I can play my old Xbox games without worrying about what version of the 360 I have
8) I can upgrade the hard drive myself
9) It's considerably less expensive
10) Peripherals, Games and devices are cheaper.

As soon as Netflix premieres on XBOX Live this fall, it will end all the debate for me. On-demand, dvd quality streaming trumps buying/renting Blu-Ray all day long.
1) if you stand up the PS3 just like the XBOX, it only 1 inch more.
2)PS3 has a large selection too but it just doesnt have as much since it came out about a year AFTER XBOX
3) PS3 also has except we dont call it live and we dont have to pay every time:coolnana: ITS FREE!
4)same as above^
5)PS3 has a better version but it just isn't calld "windows vista" since it isn't from microsoft
6) You dont have to pay 80.00 thats for the upgraded remote plus even our 50.00 remote have SIXAXIS and xbox DOESN'T. Plus we get a rechargeable battery with out remotes unlike yo who has to PAY EXTRA for it
7)PS3 also has backwards compatibility and HAS more games if you put it that way!!!
8) we can also do that AND add an external harddrive since we have 4 USB ports instead of 1 or 2 like xbox
9) it costs $50 less for the O.K. version. (you have to pay for your battery and xbox live which will equal WAAAY more than $50.00)
10) TECHNICALLY NOT I odn kinow what you mean by "peripherals" but some games r cheaper since they r older.(common sense) devices?
11) PS3 has BLUETOOTH, BLU-RAY, AND WI-FI/WIRELESS INTERNET. XBOX doesn't plus you need 2 routers, one on the XBOX(costs EXACTLY $100.00) and a router connected to your modem!

PS3 IS BETTER:nanner2:

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea which one to get and don't know much about either. I want to play a few race car games (especially f1 games), hockey, and maybe guitar hero or whatever it's called. I would also use it as a personal media center and surfing online so I can surf on my big tv. Which should I go with?
I would assume X-box/microsoft would be better for the home networking and media stuff.
XBOX willactually cost you $100.00 more if you want to play online wireless since it needs 2 routers.(one of which only xbox sells for $100.00)

XBOX doesn't have a browser.(haha)

PS3 can surf the web and watch movies online on your big tv. PS3 actually costs less after you calculate all the hidden charges and the features it doesnt have.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
95 of the 100 games for the PS3 suck balls.

And who in the WORLD browses the internet on their TV? It's painful at best. The 360 has themes too.

The ONLY advantage the PS3 has is Blu-Ray, and the fact that it happens to be the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market is very sad. I won't be switching to Blu-Ray at all until I can

a) Get a player for DVD-like prices (aka under a hundred bucks)
b) Have it be BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE (sorry I won't be paying thousands of dollars to get bluray versions of old movies that look terrible at 1080p)
c) The movies themselves aren't price premiums, and are under 20 dollars a pop at retail.

You can watch high-quality movies online on a big tv instea dof a computer monitor.

a) we all REALIZE that blu-ray players cost a lot. which is why the PS3 is worth waay more
b)you can keep ur dvd player and still watch classics on it? DUH
c)isn't that good for the consumer?

PS3 has one of the BEST blu-ray players out there. SORRY BUT XBOX S*CKS

·
Registered
234 Posts
I own both (4x 360, 2x PS3) but I don't play games on the PS3. I only use it for Blu-Ray and to stream DivX/h.264 movies from my media server. I don't play games on it because I have a large friends base on the 360 whom I play with online.

So when I want to buy a game that is available for both 360 and PS3, I will inevitably buy the 360 version. And recently I have not been interested in any exclusive PS3 games.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
since when does the xbox 360 need two routers ? it needs a wireless adapter, if you were to play wirelessly but playing wirelessly has too much lag, casual gamers are ok with it.

360 supports more than two usb ports.

360 has online movies, and has netflix now, it can also stream from any vista or media center machine or ORB compatible machine (winamp remote)

ps3's version of live costs nothing but you get what you pay for ;)

plus i prefer the games on the 360, i have a n64, wii, 360,ps2, ps1, psp, gp32, ds's, neogeo, intellivision, dreamcast and a few others never felt a need for a PS3 though since it looks like i might be making a ps3 game this year, i have to go get a devkit now bleergh.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
i have both systems.
i buy all my games for xbox 360 because i like the controller better, vibrate, ergonomics, etc...better games. hardware doesnt mean squat if u dont have the software.
i buy all my movies blu ray and thats basically what i use the ps3 for.
if i had to choose 1, i would go with xbox 360 because i use it more for games....of course i could still watch hd-dvd movies on the 360.
1080p is 1080p.

buy whatever system u prefer. there is no "wrong" choice.
think of one system as the miata, the other as the s2000.
:)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Xbox controller is great, PS3 is terrible...needs triggers

Xbox is awesome because of all of the titles available, and Xbox live. Also, NETFLIX are going to have live streaming VIA Xbox. No more trips to the mailbox OR movie store lol.

PS3 has pretty much the best blueray player around, and for a blue ray, its cheap.

PS3 Fails as a gaming system, but its blueray makes it useful imo. So, for this test I say Xbox

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
um...the PS3 plays regular DVDs just fine. and upscales them pretty nicely
o yea kinda 4got about that but i was referring to the smart a** who said he would throw away his dvd player:eek:

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
since when does the xbox 360 need two routers ? it needs a wireless adapter, if you were to play wirelessly but playing wirelessly has too much lag, casual gamers are ok with it.

360 supports more than two usb ports.

360 has online movies, and has netflix now, it can also stream from any vista or media center machine or ORB compatible machine (winamp remote)

ps3's version of live costs nothing but you get what you pay for ;)

plus i prefer the games on the 360, i have a n64, wii, 360,ps2, ps1, psp, gp32, ds's, neogeo, intellivision, dreamcast and a few others never felt a need for a PS3 though since it looks like i might be making a ps3 game this year, i have to go get a devkit now bleergh.
router/wireless adapter same thing it still costs $100.00

ps3 also has online movies. PS3 has more usb pots than xbox... etc.

it depends how far away you are for wireless. I play pretty far away and have no lag.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Xbox controller is great, PS3 is terrible...needs triggers

Xbox is awesome because of all of the titles available, and Xbox live. Also, NETFLIX are going to have live streaming VIA Xbox. No more trips to the mailbox OR movie store lol.

PS3 has pretty much the best blueray player around, and for a blue ray, its cheap.

PS3 Fails as a gaming system, but its blueray makes it useful imo. So, for this test I say Xbox
yea yea xbox has a lot of titles but who gets all the old games? xbox live is basically the same thing as playing PS3 online except we don call it "PS3 live" and I have to admit there are more ppl on the xbox live since there are more xbox owners since it came out earlier. If live streaming comes out for XBOX I'm pretty sure it'll come for PS3 too.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
regardless of the cost, you'd only use wireless for gaming and movie streaming if you coudn't get a cable to the box.

it may have more physical ports, but it supports over 500 peripherals, how many do you need ?

ps3 has online movies, but the xbox has more options.

xbox live also has more features than PSN, you can even make and distribute your own games for a small fee.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts