The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a xenon review on British-cars.com and for $700 (+/-) seems about what I would expect to pay for a kit w/ full ballasts etc. Mapes, you were asking for things you should carry on your site/store- this is one I'd like to see.
Elise shop

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
He doesn't mention if the driving lights made a difference. So far we're under the impression that we are not getting driving lights, but many of us are considering adding them. I wonder if a good set of driving lights in the chin spoiler would help this issue (if it is an issue with the fed elise.)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would love to add a set of driving lights to act as my DRLs. I know the Elise is quite low and fairly small... so having something that will make me a bit more noticeable is always welcome. Maybe someone can import the grill and lights from Europe and we can wire them in (with a relay) to be "always on" when the car is running? Or is this a bad idea?

Bob K.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
rtking said:
Maybe someone can import the grill and lights from Europe
Lights are just bolted to the crash structure and the regular grille is simply cut to size to fit the lights :)

Only thing you may need to import (or have made locally) is the lights themselves (although they are pretty simple) brackets used to attach the lights to the crash structure.

BTW.. The driving lights normally come on with the high beams (wired in parallel as they are long-range beams). Don't think people will like you very much if you drive with these on all the time...

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
at least in some states you can (and I have been) ticketed for driving lights that the local constables felt were not legal due to the intensity and beam pattern. on the other hand they are ok with fog lights. my problem is that i want driving lights and not fog lights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts