The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright I think I have the Alpine HU that does the XM radio as well. Its an 07 Elise with the factory Ipod adapter. I have had XM in other cars and would just go to channel 1 to activate it. But in this one I cant get to any XM options from the HU. I found images of the same HU online to make sure it was the one with XM and it looks exactly the same. So what am I doing wrong? Going through the source only takes me through tuner, cd, and ipod.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Alright I think I have the Alpine HU that does the XM radio as well. Its an 07 Elise with the factory Ipod adapter. I have had XM in other cars and would just go to channel 1 to activate it. But in this one I cant get to any XM options from the HU. I found images of the same HU online to make sure it was the one with XM and it looks exactly the same. So what am I doing wrong? Going through the source only takes me through fm, cd, and ipod.
Going through source menu, I get: CD, Tuner, XM Radio, AUX

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going through source menu, I get: CD, Tuner, XM Radio, AUX
OK I must have an HU that just looks very similar to the correct one. Ill have to double check when I get home.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i bought a new blaupunkdt radio that has an aux input on the face of the deck. i just plug it in on the hole on my deck and connect it to the XM and it shows up on AUX in the source menu

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,683 Posts
Everything is optional!

I have an '07 Elise with the Alpine. It does come with the Ipod adapter (though I've never used it). The radio I have is 'XM ready' and 'HD Radio ready', meaning that IFyou buy the little tuner module for each, you can access those stations. A little misleading, to me.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Alright I think I have the Alpine HU that does the XM radio as well. Its an 07 Elise with the factory Ipod adapter. I have had XM in other cars and would just go to channel 1 to activate it. But in this one I cant get to any XM options from the HU. I found images of the same HU online to make sure it was the one with XM and it looks exactly the same. So what am I doing wrong? Going through the source only takes me through tuner, cd, and ipod.
What's the model number of the head unit?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the model number of the head unit?
I have to double check when I get home. Looking at the images of the CDA-9856, it looks exactly like it. Maybe its a different alpine model that has the same interface? I guess I wont know until I get there. But if it is the 9856 is there anything special that needs to be done?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I have to double check when I get home. Looking at the images of the CDA-9856, it looks exactly like it. Maybe its a different alpine model that has the same interface? I guess I wont know until I get there. But if it is the 9856 is there anything special that needs to be done?
I thought you might have the CDA-9820... that's the one I have. Sorry, I can't help you with the 9856...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
But if it is the 9856 is there anything special that needs to be done?
I have the CDA-9856, and yes, you need 2 extra pieces to get satellite radio.

1. XMDirect or Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner.
2. Ai-NET interface adapter (this connects tuner to HU)

Of course, you need a subscription to either sat radio source.

I have trouble finding the XM receiver, Sirius is easy to find.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its the 9856. sucks that I have to buy extra pieces. o well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts