The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I tell folks we at BWR actually race the Lotus and wrench on them ourselves, well time to walk the talk with this weekend's project. Needed to fix a few odds and ends, remove quiet(heavy) San Diego exhaust and put in the lighter one. Thought I would take a crack at a quick weight reduction on the passenger door. Driver door to follow. Managed to trim another 8 lbs out of the door. See below for before and after photos! The seat is a hurricane, which is the best racing seat I have ever used in an Elise. Lastly, checkout pic4. This is the top-secret Blackwatch lightweight shifter boot being field tested....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I love the dual function of the shifter boot... you never know when you will need a shower cap! :)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Get rid of all that useless velcro on the tub! It must weigh at least 2-3 ounces!

Also, how close are you to wearing a hole in the tub under the driver's right foot? :eek:

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get rid of all that useless velcro on the tub! It must weigh at least 2-3 ounces!

Also, how close are you to wearing a hole in the tub under the driver's right foot? :eek:
That hole is in the sound deadening material, not the tub! That needs to come out too, but it is such a pain to remove!

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
That hole is in the sound deadening material, not the tub! That needs to come out too, but it is such a pain to remove!
I meant in the center of the hole in the sound deadening material... looks like it's getting worn there too! ;)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Those aluminium bars in the door weigh a lot...
Removing them would give you more reduction.

How do you find it handles with those wheels/tires?
It does not visually look like it would work, but you never know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts