The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
most definitely. My car is in storage for 1-1.5 months at a time. The "xtender" is just a battery bracket + marine battery cut off switch. As long as the car has is stored indoors(no power=no alarm), I would highly recommend this. Either that or manually disconnect the battery or run a battery maintainer(battery tender).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most definitely. My car is in storage for 1-1.5 months at a time. The "xtender" is just a battery bracket + marine battery cut off switch. As long as the car has is stored indoors(no power=no alarm), I would highly recommend this. Either that or manually disconnect the battery or run a battery maintainer(battery tender).
Am i right to say, i have to manually lock the car instead? Will it affect the ecu if the car go powerless for sometime, will i experience any abnormality when the power comes back again?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Keep in mind my car is in a storage unit. i do not lock my doors, and have never tried the "manual" locking.

When I am done with the car, i park it, turn the xtender switch(open circuit now).

when I come back, I open the engine lid, turn the xtender (closed circuit) and the car acts completely normal. In every instance so far, it has immediately recognized my key fob and the car starts and drives perfect.

Before i had this, i had to jump start my car everytime, and that got bothersome.

You can buy many different things to do what the "xtender" does. Anderson cnnectors, split bolts etc. or you can buy just the cut off switch by itself.

I think most here use a battery tender.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Are you sure you don't have a short somewhere?

I have what amounts to an ATV battery in my car (Sector 111's "race" battery) and I've not had it go dead with the car sitting unused for much longer than a couple days.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've had this problem even in my daily driver, try getting the battery checked. you can probably call or email Odessy about how to check it.

In my case the battery would not even have enough juice to last through the night, now i'm having this issue with my Braille battery. I'm starting to realize I've been spending way too much on batteries. its a terrible feeling, knowing that your car might not start at any given time. Many of my "car buddies" tell me to buy a lead-acid but I honestly don't want to put the weight back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you sure you don't have a short somewhere?

I have what amounts to an ATV battery in my car (Sector 111's "race" battery) and I've not had it go dead with the car sitting unused for much longer than a couple days.
Ouch sounds like it won't last a week after all... Not really useful then..

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Cancel out the ignition defeat (programming fun) and battery drain goes way down.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ouch sounds like it won't last a week after all... Not really useful then..

No, they are confusing you.

The deka/Braille/race battery is an atv battery WITHOUt the xtender it won't last but a few days.
When using the xtender any battery will hold its charge for months.

Your battery is probably on its last leg if it onlyasts for 3 days

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The deka/Braille/race battery is an atv battery WITHOUt the xtender it won't last but a few days.

Thanks for the clarification. I bought the car brand new, and was warn by the dealer and, it really did dead after 3 days.. Which is why i lock it manually than using the alarm, if i am not driving in a few days time.. Thats why i thought if the xtender would be my rescue..

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I don't use the "extender" on my car. What I was saying is if my little ATV battery works fine for a week or two than I would think something isn't right with his battery or his car.

I don't have the alarm disabled either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts