The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it's yellow - I see double too ;)

As a fellow Microsoft employee, you probably have seen our school bus yellow Elise. But I doubt that there are only two yellow Elise's in the Redmond area.
It's not that rare of a sight anymore. I even see a red and a yellow in the garage I sometimes park in.

JK

·
Registered
122 Posts
So did one of you get rid of your yellow Elise? I am another MSFTie that picked up a used yellow Elise a few weeks ago. I have not run in to any others on campus yet, but I've seen a couple around town.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, not here - mine's definitely still in my hands. Well, ordinarily anyway. I just dropped it off to get it loaded on a truck to get sent to Lincoln for autox nationals. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
LRG in SAMM C, but haven't been driving the Elise to work much since I bought my Mini/S DD :D.

I spend quite a bit of time around all the various campuses. Maybe a MSFT meet at the commons before the summer ends?

BTW: Anyone else going to Lotus track day at PIR on the 4th?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm down for a lunch at the Commons (...since I'm already in Studio West). The Lotus drivers alias has been totally quiet since I joined too. I won't be tracking on the 4th, but I'll be at PIR on the 8th for the Advanced Driving course. Time to get the Elise out on the skidpad before I may experience it in real life when the real rain comes out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's $225 for non-members, $200 for members. This is my fourth year running with them. It's a fun weekend... SOVREN races + all British car show on Sat and Sun.

I usually stay for the qualifying/show on Sat Am and drive back Sat PM.

EDIT: Here is the infor for signing up: Club Lotus Northwest | Trackday Information

See you in the Padock?

Hadn't thought about it, but i think i might ACTUALLY not be working that weekend.

Might be game. Cost?

·
Registered
389 Posts
How about a Thurs or Friday in the second half of Sept? Actually, if we make it breakfast and get their early, we would have a pretty good chance of parking together.

I'm down for a lunch at the Commons (...since I'm already in Studio West). The Lotus drivers alias has been totally quiet since I joined too. I won't be tracking on the 4th, but I'll be at PIR on the 8th for the Advanced Driving course. Time to get the Elise out on the skidpad before I may experience it in real life when the real rain comes out.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm not with MSFT, though you might see me there some day. I've been interviewing there and other places. You'll also see me at RTC fairly frequently. (Though, not in a yellow elise).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Softie here - I drive an orange elise to RedWest ~once or twice a week, depending on the factors. I'll soon be driving to 88, as our entire division is moving in a month.

I've seen a mag blue elise a couple of times, once driving to redwest, and an orange elise driving towards north/main campus about once a month. A friend of mine actually told me the orange elise got into an accident with a van about two-three weeks ago, gave him a scare cause he thought it was me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts