The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kirschmann.ch/lotus/index.html

I have finaly decided on the Lightning Yellow. However when i look at the yellow section for pics they seem to show 2 different shades of yellow. Is this just a camera issue or are all the pics of the lightning yellow? Thanks

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The shade they are going to be selling in USA is not named Lightning Yellow, but instead Safron Yellow. Is that different?

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure hope its the yellow with the orange tint as that color is awesome. It gives the yellow a liittle more depth to it. This color thing has been the most diffcult decision with the Elise :D

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I agree with you, 1Fast, about the orangey-yellow. I've always preferred that one to the lemony-yellow, on the Elise.

BTW, is that a '99 model MX-5? Nice one ! (I've got one as well, with the fog lights and chin-spoiler, no racing stripes though. Lookin' good !:) )

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikester said:
I agree with you, 1Fast, about the orangey-yellow. I've always preferred that one to the lemony-yellow, on the Elise.

BTW, is that a '99 model MX-5? Nice one ! (I've got one as well, with the fog lights and chin-spoiler, no racing stripes though. Lookin' good !:) )
Thanks man for the nice words. It is a 1999 Miata. I have a lot into it and nothing has ever made me want to depart from it until the Elise came along. The Elise will probably be a downgrade performance wise, but i do love the look of the Yellow Elise. When I eventually put a Turbo on the Elise then all will be right again. :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
1FASTMX5, is your Miata lowered? And if so, by how much? It looks like it's about the same size as the Elise.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My Miata is lowered at least 1.5-2 inches. The Miata is actually lower then the Elise is. Scary thought eh? The cars are pretty close in overal size. The Elise is a little bigger inside however the foot well is definately more cramped in terms ot the pedals. I have a very small video (avi) where I compare and sweep between the 2 cars for comparison. I don't have a means of hosting the video though. The Lotus guy was speechless when I returned the driving favor and let him at the controlls of my Turbo Miata. :D. He felt it was on par with the Espirit Turbo.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Send the video to me for hosting. [email protected] as long as it's under 5 megs for mail. Otherwise, we can arrange a transfer via ftp.

Have you considered sizing down that pic in all your posts? :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
That is the existing Safron Yellow.... a deeper shade of yellow. Can we assume that Lightning Yellow is the light shade we have seen pics of? Almost lemony or a pale yellow?

Like these-

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Another pic of the deeper Saffron Yellow-

That is closer to the yellow we see on the http://www.lotuscars.com/lotus.html site, but perhaps a little deeper even. I like the pics of the yellow called Saffron.

·
Registered
109 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
Here is another i found on the net.
That's the Elise 99T special edition, which indeed is done in Saffron Yellow, just like the second batch of 135R's. The first batch where mica silver with blue alcantara or mica blue with silver alcantara. They were only supposed to be building 100, but decided to do an extra 35 in Saffron Yellow.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Racing,
the top pic of the two you posted is lightning yellow, more lemony than S. Yellow, which is listed as the yellow for US market, and also what I was told by someone who'd know.
Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts