The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who's saffron yellow Elise was that parked in front of the clubs & restaurants on 18th Street yesterday around midnight?

I was walking by on my way to the club SAKI and spotted it. As expected, there were at least a few people milling about admiring this little beauty from Hethel. I only paused for a second but the funniest comment I heard was from two girls who were a few paces behind me: one said to the other "Do you KNOW how much that **** COSTS?!" As if to imply to her friend that a) it was a lot (like Ferrari money), and b) that she actually knew how much "that ****" costs. She was clearly in a state of uninformed awe of the Elise, and I wasn't about to snap her out of it by saying anything.

After that comment, my buddy said to me - damn you are getting one hell of a car for only fifty grand. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I believe that was my boss' car (non-LSS). If so, it did return unscathed from 18th Street.

Any of you local guys interested in track days at Summit Pt. ???

·
Registered
35 Posts
DCNSX said:
I believe that was my boss' car (non-LSS). If so, it did return unscathed from 18th Street.

Any of you local guys interested in track days at Summit Pt. ???
Yes and when?? :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
track days

VIR late March (Easter weekend). Also VIR 4.2 mile "Grand East" course (the Western Hemishphere's longest!!) in June. www.mazdadrivers.com .... and of course various FATT's (Friday At The Track) at Summit Pt. www.bsr-inc.com

Ferrari club has a couple of weekends at Summit we could possibly get in on.

There are others as well. www.trackschedule.com

Let me know what you think- -Howard

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I am horrified to take any car into DC, I would never take an elise through there... they got potholes you could hide the car in! and i would certinally never park on the street in adams morgan, georgetown, or anywhere in between. The owner would be luck to get the car home with less that a grand worth of damage to the front clam, but perhaps in the morning it was worth it (for them)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts