The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I had a little fun with one of you guys last night on the onramp going to 280S - obviously you worked me on that 270 degree turn - your car was planted! I guess more than a 1000lb diet will do that ;-).

Awesome ride, great sound and really beautiful - a bit curious though. From the rear, if I remember correctly, your car looked like a 111R - is that available in the US?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, would love to meet up sometime and check out the car.

This was me: http://www.twoturbos.com/Widebody/Clean5.jpg

Oh and hey Rockcenter ;-).

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Welcome!

the 111R is virtually the same as the US Elise except that our car has the interior modifications to include airbags.

Nice A4!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was confused because the exhaust was centered in the center of the car

Thought all US spec Elises had the two exhausts separated, not centered like a Boxster. Also had a "Lotus Sport" sticker on the rear bumper...

Oh and it's an S4, not an A4 ;-). Full RS4 widebody conversion, AWE Stage 3+ ;-). Still doesn't stand a chance in the twisties against you guys! Have the boost turned down right now, so it's a little slow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice S4!! I have a 00 b5 S4 Imola yellow, stock.

I work at the lotus dealership in los gatos and can attest to the handling of the S4 and the elise. The elise is a great car!! but, so are our S4's. Are you on audizine.com ?

R

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I'm actually on Audiworld, screen name is BeatTheWRX (don't ask) ;-)

I'll have to come test drive an Elise sometime soon, would make such a fun track car.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: Thanks! I was confused because the exhaust was centered in the center of the car

AudiGuy said:
Thought all US spec Elises had the two exhausts separated, not centered like a Boxster. Also had a "Lotus Sport" sticker on the rear bumper...

Oh and it's an S4, not an A4 ;-). Full RS4 widebody conversion, AWE Stage 3+ ;-). Still doesn't stand a chance in the twisties against you guys! Have the boost turned down right now, so it's a little slow.
Hi Audiguy,
Just curious about your AWE stage 3........how long have you had it and are you satisfied with it?
Does it run on 91 octane? How many miles on your S4?

I have an 02 S4 and just trying to decide whether to buy it out of lease or sell it. I assume that you also have the 2.7 twin? I have often thought of chipping it but was hesitant because it was a lease. If I buy it, I may be interested in a good chip. Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ron - I've had this car with the AWE Stage 3+ for about 3 months. Before this car, I had a 2000 S4 with an ABT chip and Miltek exhaust (plus a lot of other stuff), which was a lot of fun. ABT (techinically AMS actually) is generally recommended as the best chip for craptane. The other choices are MTM, GIAC X, and APR, all of which are pretty good.

The AWE Stage 3 kit is a lot of fun - my car has a K04/K16 hybrid turbos, hence the "+" after the 3. The car has 80K miles in it, just clicked over today :).

It should put down about 330whp on 91 octane, and about 470whp on 100. The large difference in whp between the two octanes is largely due to the high compression ratio of the S4 - it's great for torque, but keeps 91 octane tuning pretty crippled. Stage 3 kits are great fun, but really require a lot of tweaking - my car is slow as all get out right now, only runs a 5.2 60-90mph time (should be 4 flat), because I'm experimenting with a beta file.

Anyway, don't want to get off topic on your forum - come on over to forums.audiworld.com/s4 when you decide to chip it, there is a wealth of info over there!

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Thanks for the interesting info, Andrew. See you on Audiworld.

Ron

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
There was a GGLC club meeting in Palo Alto last night. One of the members had his Sport 190 Elise with him and would have been in that area around 11-11:30pm going south on 280.

Good chance that was your close encounter.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was probably it - I'm obviously an Elise noob, but I thought the Sport 190 was a track-only car in the US?

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Update...

From the owner/driver of the S190 -
"Yes, I do; an A4......He pulled next to me and gave me a thumbs up.....I had come on to 280 via that great two lane right hander from Page Mill to 280 south. Had to give the Kumhos some exercise..." :D

Kiyoshi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts