The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in St Louis when the truck was unloading a CO Espirit. Spoke to Behlmann Motors today and they said it was headed to Chicago, the car was not driveable and supposedly "did not have brake lines installed" at Hethel to prevent driving! Either way, Chicagoland people are going to get a look see at the yellow car.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Nice, I'm assuming this is the one FVMC will have for the Chicago auto show...

Do you know what options it had by any chance? Was it the same yellow car from the LA show?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sounds like good news. I'm heading up to Chicago for the auto show on the 7th, maybe I'll finally be able to try an Elise on for size.

BTW, do you have any idea how long Behlman will have that Esprit? I'd love to see CO in person as well.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a clue if it was the autoshow Liz but it's a fair bet. The Espirit was recently ordered and just delivered and had to come from somewhere...so they must have routed the autoshow/demo cars through the same place. Anyhow 'a' yellow elise, supposedly without brake lines! is headed to Chicago, enjoy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Confirmed!

FVMC in Chicago has the yellow car, it will be at the Chicago auto show.
Do you know if Lotus will be exhibiting with full display like LA or is it the local lotus dealer with the single car?

I might have to try to swing a trip from Boston to settle the fit question once and for all. Anyone else from the board going to the show? Any info regarding size/nature of the elise display?!

Dave

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
elise4me said:
Do you know if Lotus will be exhibiting with full display like LA or is it the local lotus dealer with the single car?

I might have to try to swing a trip from Boston to settle the fit question once and for all. Anyone else from the board going to the show? Any info regarding size/nature of the elise display?!

Dave
It isn't actually Lotus displaying the car, but the Chicago Lotus dealership (Fox Valley Motorcars). The display will likely just consist of a spec sheet, possibly a brochure, and the one yellow car... but I don't know for sure. I was told that FVMC will have the car for a few more days after the show is over, so your best bet might be to try to plan your trip towards the end of the auto show so that you can go see the car at the dealership without having to deal with the ridiculous crowds that seem to gather around the FVMC booth each year.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Re: Re: Yellow Liz from the LA Show

cranium said:
Can you describe the orange? So many pictures come out different, I want your opinion of the color.
I stopped by on Sat to check out that Esprit (they actually had 3 Esprits in the show room). I noticed that CO varies quite a bit with the lighting. In low light it is a rather dull and kind of dark orange, but in bright light it gets much lighter (almost yellow) and vibrant. I took a few pick, but due to computer problems I haven't been able to download them yet.

Until I get get my pictures, here is the one from Behlmann's site.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Unfortuantly, the pictures with the flash didn't turn out very good and the few spots the sun was shining on it aren't really noticable. However, these pics are pretty representative of what it looks like in low light.

Closeup of the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious what was the sticker?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts