The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is here time to start working on the TT

I already upgrade interior lights and front/side markers to LED huge improvement.

Next on agenda those bloody awful headlamps, of course I read all the posts about adding the E30 BMW headlamps, but honestly that seems to time consuming, there has to be a better solution.

I found these Light Bulbs | | | NH LED 7" ROUND | 69821 | LED GE Lighting

Unfortunately they are the wrong size 7", ours are 5 1/2" I believe. I have seen the LED sealed beams the light looks white and powerful, a much better improvement.

Question is why do they not make the smaller size, I can only find the 5" X 7" square, or the 7" round LED

Unless any other members know something I do not ???

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,101 Posts
Try a Google search for "5 3/4" headlamps (that is the USA quad size)

I found a few on Fleabay.

5 3/4 LED Headlight | eBay

Careful though, some just have an LED "halo" (like a BMW headlamp)

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try a Google search for "5 3/4" headlamps (that is the USA quad size)

I found a few on Fleabay.

5 3/4 LED Headlight | eBay

Careful though, some just have an LED "halo" (like a BMW headlamp)
Thank you, that helped :), I did search but found nothing, mind you I was looking for 5 1/2":facepalm

Found 5 3/4" replacement head lamps

See thats why I love these community's :coolnana:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I removed the junky Sylvania head lights from my '88 esprit and installed Hella H4's with the 60/55 watt hella bulb. This made a huge improvement in the amount and quality of light showing down the road. The H4 is a great reflector/glass/head light....much, much better than a standard Sylvania/GE or similar head light. I had to slightly modify the LH side low beam mount to accommodate the extra 1/8 inch or so the H4 protrudes. An easy modification.

I didn't install the 100/90 hella bulbs as I'm not positive the stock wiring can handle this amount of draw. LED bulbs of higher output are available for the H4 on ebay and amazon if that's your thing.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
My Esprit already has E-codes so I'm set there, but saw your post and thought this would be a future killer upgrade for another car of mine which takes that larger 7" size. And then I saw...the price! :sad:

Amazon.com: GE 69821 Nighthawk 7" Round LED Headlamp: Automotive

A search on another car forum showed them for a little less each, but even then, that is a lot for a large headlight that is so susceptible to flying rocks, at least on a muscle car. :)

Roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts