The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We attended our local autocross today. I'll post more about that in Autocross section when I have a little more time.

We sometimes run at Fort Knox Military base on the main airfield there. Lots of C-130's etc. Makes for some fast times and cool picture locations. I took the opportunity to snag some shots.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
H-O-T HOT! Thanks for the photos! I love the CO and that track looks very fun! :clap:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
You were classed APL? Stan and I wound up SS today in MD.

Nice color!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, we have the set of SSR's which are waiting for Hoosiers but we only have two races left this season so we couldnt justify buying a set of race tires for just two races and then storing them

We ran on the LSS tires and they're not that bad, but they're not great either. They were screaming as we pushed them to their limit, and past in my case. We got a set of Toyo proxes to put on the stock rims and we're going to take these LSS tires and put them on the SSR's for a bit I guess...or at least until next season when we get Hoosiers.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since the car isnt classed yet its really not SS legal. I believe AP is where its legal to be at the moment. We have a real ******* in SS who protests everyone and causes a stink, it was easier to run AP or in my case APL.

On these crappy tires my husband was 2.5/ 3 seconds behind the top superstock vette. This was our first event in the car. The vette driver is a pretty decent driver but not national champion calibre. After talking to my husband he's not too sure this car is a SS worthy car. Its going to take putting on race tires, getting and alignment and doing some testing to find out if that 2 or 3 seconds is out there. I sucked at driving, so my opinion isnt worth much...I'd ask him.

If you encounter a decent Z06 driver the elise will be more than competent, however if you're running someone who's really good...its going to be tough IMHO. We'll see.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
From my experience, the Elise without some mods, can NOT keep up with a good Z-06 driver in a well prepped car.

As is always the case, most differences are because of driver ability... but relatively equal drivers (ones that normally PAX out close to each other.. the SS Z-06 drivers are 1-2 seconds ahead of me).

·
Registered
485 Posts
A/B stock is where I think this car belongs, not SS. Last year I was top 5 always on the PAX and set 2-3 FTD's in a SMII Miata. I have been borrowing a third gen RX7 and placed 1-2 or 3 all year. I know tires and alignment will go a good way but I just dont know.

All in all I had a great time and it was great to see OFL out there smacking cones. I thought she was gonna cry when I had to tell her I hit the first cone. She didn't take it too well. Oh well, it has been cristened now so we will move forward.:)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Actually, the car is legal regionally in SS under the new car catch-all, just not at National events. Technically, it's not even legal yet for AP at national events as it's a 2005 model and has not been specifically classed in Stock.

The Hoosiers and an alignment are going to get you most of those 2-3 seconds back.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts