The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my '07 Exige (8K miles) now for 9 months. I'm ready to upgrade to an exhaust I can hear. I've had a totally stock system until recently when I installed a Blackwatch decat pipe. I was hoping the decat would give me a LITTLE more sound, but hasn't. Can't tell the difference from stock.

BTW, the stock muffler and cat pipe weigh 40 lbs. Only saved 3 lbs when replacing the stock cat pipe with decat. Was expecting more, but it is what it is.

So.....now I'm looking to find an exhaust of my liking. I'm looking for a recommendation.

I use my car for canyon carving, not track or competition. Can't have droning or have to wear ear plugs. Don't want to irritate my neighbors. The perfect(?) setup would be throaty (if a 1.8 could be throaty) at idle and quieter at 8000 RPM. I'm planning to store the stock system and install to pass emissions test (if it needs it) every couple years. I want to run the decat and after market muffler/decat all other times.

Oh yeah, I love the look of the rear end, centered oval tip, grill work and diffuser. Not willing to give up that configuration.

Appreciate your thoughts......Larry

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
BOE ST above diffuser is what you want for a SC Exige. I ran one for quite a while, and it weighs like 20? lbs less then stock. The QS is a little TOO loud, and the ST-5 is very droney and meany for just laguna seca really.

Now I literally have a 1ft straight pipe out the back to save the 12 lbs or whatever and I have to wear ear plugs. I forgot them last track day one session and I couldn't even make it through a lap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts