The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After grenading my motor a month ago I was faced with replacing the oil coolers, which honesltly didn't sound that awesome to me.

Problem with the stock set up is that the oil is cooled first, then filtered, so if your motor lets go, you've signed up for new coolers as well.

I decided to go with a laminova and a remote oil filter as my replacement.
Nothing really new here, just a clean install with the laminova bolted on both ends to the firewall, rather than left to dangle about.

Top pic shows the canton remote filter, the bottom port of which goes to supply side of a canton remote filter sandwich, the bottom of the laminova goes to the return on that same sandwich.

Bottom pic shows closeup and the brackets, clean to the point install.

I've got a remote drain setup, which I'll add a pic of after it's installed, no more removing all the trays for an oil change, sweet.

In addition to the parts mentioned, you will also need the toyota filter adapter, that part number's been posted a few times already.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some more bits.
Canton remote sandwich plate, I drilled, tapped and installed a oil pressure sending unit in the center bolt.

also a shot of Longacre Racing's new stepper gauge and a 4 hole panel.

Gauges are engine temp and pressure and gearbox temp, fourth hole will be for my existing AFR gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Laminova oil cooler

Very nice. Like the remote drain function.

Wonder why you did not go for tandem laminovas and do your sequential oil?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. Like the remote drain function.

Wonder why you did not go for tandem laminovas and do your sequential oil?
I had already done the gearbox lam, it's located on the outlet side of the coolant flow.
I wanted the gearbox lam within the tstat closed bypass loop, so coolant would flow through it prior to the thermostat opening. Also there was some timing issues, I wasn't planning on changing over to the motor oil lam until next year. And then I shredded the oil pump, and yada yada.
If I re-did the whole thing from scratch I would have went that route.

You can see the mini gearbox laminova just behind the sequential shift cylinder.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts