The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As the topic suggests, I'm just curious if anyone has ran either 5w-40 fully synthetic Amsoil or LuberMolly in their Evora.

If you have, what were the results? Were you pretty happy? If you aren't running those two, what did you end up going with, and what appealed to you about that choice?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with Amsoil. It is a high quality product.
I used it in my Noble, which could generate major heat and oil temps, and it always preformed well.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
More pertinent to the question is what is your usage of the car, DD?, track?, other competitive usage? Rpm range? Dusty climate, stop and go, short distance use? , is it NA or SC., do you change oil when.. on some schedule? , after it doesn’t register on dip stick, ??? It is a Toyota engine which without SC could be less stressed than in the heavier Camry. If driven mildly and not as if you stole it, any reputable syn 5W-40 ACEA A3/B3-04 oil should do (notice how I offered the euro spec not the self serving fuel eco API spec), the question to ask yourself is what do you want to make you happy. As those descriptions don’t fit me I uses Redline 0W-40 or 5W-40 or Mobil M1 0W-40 … demanding ZDDP’s above 1100 ppm.

·
Registered
64 Posts
agree with Julian. i use Royal Purple HPS because i want to choose how much zddp to use rather than being told what to use by the EPA. i would also advise to swap the Lotus/Toyota oil filter for the TRD part. much higher quality. and for anyone interested, the fumotovalve fits perfectly on the stock pan.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Yes, that is TRD PTR43-00082. Another good choice is the Mobil 1 filter don't know the part number.

·
Registered
795 Posts
When I bought my first 911, I used a local shop that specialized in servicing 911s. The owner swore by Amsoil and so I started buying it in bulk.

From him.

It wasn't too much later that I realized why he had hyped the product so much. It's as Julian said, if you're just dawdling your Evora between red lights, any of the synthetics will do just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts