The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One pronounced difference b/t the S1 and S2 is the black body molding/accents. I've always been a fan of the more monchromatic look, and on yellow particularly, the black accents really stand out.

I was wondering how hte grill, hood insets and side vents would look color coded. Here's a saffron, stolen from our fellow Aussie who was kind enough to post pics of his car. I'm wondering how it would look 'yellowed'.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
originally posted by frayed
yeah, not diggin' it.
hi frayed,
do you still want me to work on these?

I agree with the other guys, too. I think that the black grills make a nice contrast to the colors and it shows off the design nicely.

ara

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shay2nak said:
hi frayed,
do you still want me to work on these?

I agree with the other guys, too. I think that the black grills make a nice contrast to the colors and it shows off the design nicely.

ara
Thanks man. But, based on the CO car, the monchrome look is pretty rough. Perhaps too much texture in the S2 to pull of the look.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
atyclb said:
here's the image I used--a 135R in ice blue

That's actually silver mica.

·
Registered
219 Posts
shay2nak said:
yeah, the 135Rs don't look nice with the matching color inserts.
The black complements most all light colors quite well, IMHO. Moving into the mid-range darkness-wise (Magnetic, Bordeaux, BRG) I'd say it starts becoming personal preference. Towards the dark end (Nightfall, Aubergine), the more I look at it, the more the black interrupts rather than enhances the form. For starlight black it's less an issue. ;)

Nightfall and Aubergine would probably most benefit from body colored inserts or Exige-style mesh (either polished or gunmetal) in my mind.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
HoopyFrood said:
The black complements most all light colors quite well, IMHO.
Hmmm...

I think the black "accents" on the yellow Elise make it look too busy - reminds me of a bee...

As much as I would have liked a "Lotus Yellow" Lotus, I went for the Chrome Orange. The black trim just doesn't look as bad on the orange as it does on the Yellow...

They could have left the black trim on the vents, but skipped the black trim on the lights to have improved things quite a bit...

Tim Mullen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts