The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Yet another wheel/tire question

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Jrigali4 
looking at maybe 17x7 front and 17x8.25 rear...
I think that 's way too big on the front. I'd go 16 x 7 front and 17 x 8.25 rear.

My concern would be getting the correct offsets.

I'd like to go with 17X8 up front and 17X10 or even 18X10 in the back... I just couldn't find any that are forged and light enough. There is no reason for the wheel to be heavier than 10-lbs on a Lotus...that is my target weight. I would buckle for 12-lbs but not for 13-lbs.
Whoah - that much tyre is way to much for an Elise... it would only make any sense if the OP was adding significant power.

sorry if it seems like i am asking stupid questions...
The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.