The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
i will have a used set avail. in san diego for pick up, cost is one fish taco platter.... pm if you want them. they have a little bit of tread left on the rear - fronts are pretty good.

pm if you want them.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I'm not looking for a set I'm selling a set you Ass..
since your being so polite, i cannot help but comment;
who in their right mind would want to buy a set of r compound tires with 9,000 miles on them. maybe to use as storage tires for the long winter or something, but those things are done for what they are intended to be used for.
maybe try just giving them away, as thats what they are worth(if that).

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
who in their right mind would want to buy a set of r compound tires with 9,000 miles on them. maybe to use as storage tires for the long winter or something, but those things are done for what they are intended to be used for.
I don't think he picked up on fitfan's -poke-.....I'll agree....they're suitable for welcome mats.

·
Registered
359 Posts
...or you could sell them at race tracks as tire barriers at 1¢ rotfl

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They have tread so they are good for at least one track day. and its better than torching a new set. Cant hurt to try...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
the fronts looks like they still have value, which is why I was asking about wheel compatibility...
I have 48's on standard wheels. They stick out a little, but work fine, even on the track.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
They have tread so they are good for at least one track day. and its better than torching a new set. Cant hurt to try...
i will chalk this post up to ignorance(which is OK) rather than someone deliberately trying to mislead a potential buyer(not OK) into thinking they are getting something of value for a track day as you are implying these are good for.

FYI; R compound tires go through heat cycles, and after they have gone through enough heat cycles, they are basically dead, i.e. banana skins as far as traction goes.
it doesnt matter if they have tread left or not, they wont have traction, at 9,000 miles these are dead.

therefor your tires with ~9,000 miles are not good for anyone to do a track day with unless they want to crash their car, and have a large repair bill because they "thought they were getting a value"; AND still need to buy a set of tires.

I am going to assume that you didnt know this, because if you do, you would be misrepresenting your product, and someone who doesnt know any better will have themself/car in jeopardy of going to the track on banana skins for tires. not safe for anyone in the car, or near it.

i have seen so many times when guys try to save $ on tires and skimp, they end up crashing their cars using tires like what you are offering,only to have a big repair bill, AND end up buying a new set of tires.

for track use these used up tires are truely are a false economy.

Cornfed, do the right thing and just give these tires away........TO THE GARBAGE MAN.
cheers!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
The rears had no value whatsoever, but the fronts definitely had value and I'm buying similar fronts for $100 to enjoy some summer street driving, along with 50% worn AO32s I picked up for the rear. So to say they don't have value is a mis-statement. Are they track ready? Maybe not.

Doesn't the whole commenting on sale items guidance come into play here?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm swapping out 9k +/- A048's for brand new (just got) set of R888's in another week or 2. I would never dream of ever selling the Rears (0-tread!) but my fronts look every bit as good as these.

Taking in all the "advisements" of this thread - if anyone is interested in my front A048's (not being "represented" for ANY purpose whatsoever) - However, just providing the opportunity I suppose, as some have posted still seemingly that they'd want them - and not to take that opportunity away from anybody....

Please let me know. Otherwise, I will be letting the tire-shop that will be mounting my replacements, simply dispose of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.