The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A048R's SS 195/50/15's and 225/45/16 (soft compound) are available to US owners only. They are not in theory at least road legal.

Yokohama Japan will only allow the US individuals to buy them from Yokohama UK for US market only the assumption being that all US Elise S1's are track only cars and not legal for road use and therefore not driven on the road as a consequence, bearing in mind that these tyres are sold as track only tyres.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
My understanding was the current (S2) LSS package comes with the newer version of these tires. Maybe that's a different situation?

Randy, with all the traffic we're starting to get, starting to lose track of stuff. Recall you posting about what the S2 LSS comes with, couldn't find it. Maybe it's time for a Elise UK/USA spec list?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea. I will get on it in a bit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guys just to clarify, these tyres are to fit the S1 ONLY not the S2/S3 and were a special order from Japan via Lotus Motorsport for sale to a US customer. They still have 12 F's and 18 R's left. They cannot sell them in the UK as they are not E rated for use here.

A048R's SS 195/50/15's and 225/45/16 - soft compound tyre specced for track specific use - these are sought after tyres because of their compound and very hard to get hold of.

If any of you are interested you can contact Imran Butt at Yokohama HPT in the UK directly with regard to price and shipping, if you quote my name (Pat Crew), Imran will know where the information re the tyres has come from as it is not public knowledge that these tyres are in the UK.

Imran's contact details:

e-mail: [email protected]

Tel: +44 1906 625 625

Imran works with Stuart Jardine running Yokohama's Motorsport setup in the UK.

Thanks to Randy for posting this up and I'll see you all on SELOC.

Pat

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
It looks like we may be getting the Advan Neova AD07 with the standard suspension. I haven't been able to find much info on these (in English).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Vantage said:
It looks like we may be getting the Advan Neova AD07 with the standard suspension. I haven't been able to find much info on these (in English).
Here's a pic, they are the same as what was on the car Clyde brought to the Miata club gathering but I too couldn't find any specs

·
Registered
687 Posts
http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/sitemap/yrcTBrandSizeList.jsp?TIR_MAKER_CD=000000&TIR_BRND_CD=AD07
(This page turned out to be tricky to translate using Babelfish, causing Null Pointer Exceptions using the direct URL. I had to translate the parent page which includes a seemingly necessary session ID.)

The column labels are: Inch, Aspect ratio, Tire size, Diameter, Tire Width, Rim Width (standard size in blue), Remark.
RPB: "rim protect bar attachment"

There are a couple of streaming videos in Japanese at http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/tire/brand/streaming/video-02ad07.html. Some nice cars, good camera work; not bad for tire commercials. The 2nd one is mostly about drifting, with a lot of driver monologues, and a little handbrake action.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts