·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
311 Posts
pandering?

the scary thing is i am not sure this is actually pandering, i think he might really think this is a good idea...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hes done 3 things to piss me off this week....

1: This BS
2: Wears a lapel pin during his patriotism speech
3: Rejects Gen. Clark's comment about how being shot down in a fighter plane doesn't make you qualified to be a President.

Turning himself into every other politician now, I was hoping for at least some honesty in the white house, for that I could deal with the extra social domestic programs(Providing he brought us home from Iraq) but now its looking grim.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hes done 3 things to piss me off this week....

1: This BS
2: Wears a lapel pin during his patriotism speech
3: Rejects Gen. Clark's comment about how being shot down in a fighter plane doesn't make you qualified to be a President.

Turning himself into every other politician now, I was hoping for at least some honesty in the white house, for that I could deal with the extra social domestic programs(Providing he brought us home from Iraq) but now its looking grim.
He's ALWAYS been every other politician, just with a smoother line of bull.

He's got a long history of sharp elbow Chicago political tactics, patronage (look into the sweet deal he got on his house, or his wife's $200K per year raise), good ol' boyism, etc....just on the local Chicago stage.

You weren't bothered by the quality of the company he keeps?

Now he's on the national stage, and his true nature is coming out.

Oh, and about Gen. Clark. Funny, but when he was running for Pres. he often cited his military background as what qualified HIM to be president...Clark got called on that on CNN of all places, and he about swallowed his own jaw.

Ron Paul it is.

·
Registered
389 Posts
From the Yahoo article: "...supported some ability to hire and fire based on faith..."

That's the real scary part (assuming it was accurately reported), especially given the church he belongs to. This could take political correctness to a whole new level: "Can't get hired because you don't buy liberation theology you say?"

Ever notice how the extreme left and the extreme right end up looking so similar?

The political BS about McCain's service not qualifying him to be president is amazing. I would think his political experience since the war qualifies him more than his war-time experience (although, I have to admit, he is one tough bird). And I didn't hear anything in Clark's remarks that denegrated his service at all, only that it wasn't something that necessarily prepared him to be president, which is largely true IMO. I suppose anyone who has been up close and personal with war could have more perspective on it than someone who hasn't, but would they make better decisions because of that? Hard to say really.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Why is anyone surprised by this?

Rev. Wright let the cat out of the bag months ago:

It went down very simply. He's a politician. I'm a pastor. We speak to two different audiences. And he says what he has to say as a politician. I say what I have to say as a pastor. Those are two different worlds. I do what I do, he does what politicians do. So what happened in Philadelphia where he had to respond to the soundbites, he responded as a politician.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It continues to get better...

...Analysis: Obama's turn to middle on surveillance - Yahoo! News

Change and hope...hope for change...out the window.

Read the last few pages of Animal Farm. Tells you all you need to know about this election.

Oh yeah, Obama's wiggled totally out of his commitment to get the troops out in any definable time frame...while at the same time, slipping into a speech, that he'd send plenty more troups into Afghanistan. Where, coincidentally, we're taking more casualties than in Iraq.

That anyone sees leadership in this man is beyond me. I see Jimmy Carter.

But we're all going to get free health care and eductation paid for...by...somebody, I suppose. Probaby by those evil rich people, 2% of our population already paying 40% of all taxes. There's a good idea.

Oh, both candidates for open borders, equal access of illegal immigrants to tax payer funded services. Yeah, universal health care that includes non-citizens will make it even MORE affordable for us.

The same people who think taking their earning engines off shore because of an onerous tax strucure is a good idea. No problem. We can all work for the government, which of course actually produces nothing, exept extremely effective spending engines.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The Who 'We Won't get Fooled Again'

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution