The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Wow. I read the whole thing. Great story! That thread got almost 40,000 views!!! On a local forum!!! Amazing

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I can't believe the audacity of those knuckle a-holes at the repo office playing games with him.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Man... that totally sucks (both the Repo Man story and the Turbo pics.)

Repo Guy: Not getting into my guard-gated complex or my garage. If he does, he'll be staring at a Ruger Vaquero single-action .44 Magnum or a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40 caliber semi-automatic.

Turbo Pics: I guess he's learned to keep his fingers away from the turbo inlet. But more importantly, why the heck did he have his fingers there? How was he metering airflow? Shouldn't a MAF been between him and the turbo? I'm sure there's more of a story there than is really being told.

Elise content: The Elise has no turbo, so no fears there! ;) And I'm paying for the Elise with a Home Equity Loan, so I'm sure the bank would rather have the house than the car... :p

Bob

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Read further. Seems like someone tried to look up his attorney's name in the Colorado State Bar and didn't find such a name. Could be a big hoax.

Everything you read must be true eh?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Originally posted by huggy bear
Could be a big hoax.
I was thinking about that briefly. Maybe the lawyer's full name is listed on the bar (ie. middle name). If you notice, he always comes back as soon as a new event occurs. I would think that if this happened to me, I wouldn't have time to post updates until the whole fiasco was over.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
shay2nak said:
I was thinking about that briefly. Maybe the lawyer's full name is listed on the bar (ie. middle name). If you notice, he always comes back as soon as a new event occurs. I would think that if this happened to me, I wouldn't have time to post updates until the whole fiasco was over.
Indeed, I was thinking about that, the car was on the way back to the repo lot and he's posting?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It seems I read about a scam that involved placing a "quick claim" on a car and then having a tow company come and get it. THis example was in Florida, what is the deal with a quick claim?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts